Technology Consulting Principal
Technology Consulting Principal
Department: Data & Analytics
Location: Richardson, TX, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson is looking for a Technology Consulting Principal who will be accountable for the delivery of technology consulting efforts across North America. Martech/adtech thought leadership that has been honed through a collection of education and experience is critical, fueled by a genuine interest in solving challenges and creating transformative solutions for our customers and clients.
This role requires a critical ear for problem definition, including the ability to find signal through noise. Well-articulated storytelling of integrated solutions is an imperative as well.
Successful candidates will need a mastery level of marketing/advertising technology vision setting and architecture design – including a forward-looking perspective of martech/adtech stack integrations with adjacent technologies in shaping cross-functional orchestrations.
In addition to driving technology consulting delivery, this role is also accountable for driving growth from both existing client engagements and new client pitches alike.
**We are open to remote locations**
What you’ll do:
- Deliver | Accountable for ownership of the delivery of technology consulting engagements, ensuring the highest standards in terms of quality of thinking and articulation of recommendations. Consistency and commitment to fundamentals is critical to ensuring rigor in our deliverables.
- Advise | Providing client advocacy is critical to earning trust and organizational support. This role will be interfacing with C-Level roles and must have the acumen to maneuver client landscapes in the pursuit of driving and enabling transformation.
- Grow | Proactive listening for ongoing opportunity definition is critical, as is the ability to adeptly convert those opportunities into ongoing client value.
- Maintain | Responsible for the upkeep, refinement and ongoing modernization of the consulting frameworks, methodologies and tools utilized to deliver consulting projects
- Develop | Lead your team, including mentoring, coaching and supporting when needed to grow our talent from within while pushing ourselves to deliver the highest quality results is critical to this role.
Who you are:
- Listener | Identifying real underlying challenges through misleading symptoms and unrelated noise requires active listening and experience. Empathy and curiosity are critical attributes.
- Collaborator | We are a decentralized organization across North America, but we win as a team and foster a collaborative environment for sucess.
- Creator | The ability to develop intelligent and well-articulated recommendations will shape the transformational of the clients we work with.
- Ambitious | An enterprising mindset that is interested in objective-based growth outcomes.
What you’ll need:
- Minimum of 15 years overall experience, including 10+ years of martech/adtech experience
- Minimum of 5 years Consulting Experience
- Extensive experience with maturity models
- Account growth experience
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Experience working with C-level clients and across entire organizations.
- Experience across marketing, digital and traditional advertising, including multiple client sectors & Fortune 100 companies
- Great reputation for thought leadership, including published articles
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree, MBA preferred.
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.