Business Development Manager
Business Development Manager
Department: New Business
Location: Berlin, Germany
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson is seeking a Business Development Manager (all genders) who is responsible for the full-cycle new business process. This role will assist with the creation of compelling pitch presentations, prospecting for new opportunities, and helping to shape a unique story that puts our agency in a leading position. The ideal candidate must have a deep passion for sales and operational synergies as well as the ability to think and act strategically while targeting amazing national and global brands.
What you'll do:
- Manage and coordinate agency pitches in close collaboration with our growth leadership teams and C-Level
- Research and identify new business opportunities
- Generate leads and follow up on prospective customers
- Foster and develop relationships with customers/clients as well as partners and experts within our global network
- Understand the needs of our customers and be able to respond effectively with a plan of how to meet these
- Seeing the bigger picture and setting objectives in order to develop and improve the business
- Discuss promotional strategy and activities with the marketing department
- Keep abreast of trends and changes in the business world
- Help to plan sales campaigns and create a sales pipeline
- Support on the development of the business sales and marketing strategy
What you'll bring:
- A Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or related field
- First experience in sales, marketing or related field
- Tenacity and drive to seek new business and meet or exceed targets
- Interpersonal skills for building and developing relationships with clients
- Very good written and verbal communication skills in German and English
- Project management, negotiating and organisational skills
- The ability to analyse sales figures and write reports
- A flexible approach to work with the ability to adapt to a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Initiative and the confidence to start things from scratch.
What we offer you:
- Exchange and inspiration in one of the leading global digital agency networks
- A creative and motivated team
- Flexible working hours
- Remote work
- Further training in professional topics and personal development
- Central location with first-class public transport connections
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.