Location: New York, NY, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Who we are looking for:
This person will be responsible for conceptualizing and writing results oriented advertising and marketing content for agency projects which vary from: interactive to print, and television pieces.
The Copywriter must be persuasive in presenting and selling concepts to internal teams, senior company leaders and clients. The person in this role will establish marketing strategies and must be able to create highly creative product based off brand strategy. This is a position for a seasoned, driven, results oriented, and highly creative individual with the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, manage deadlines, and produce highly effective creative.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborates with team then develops, and presents creative concepts for assigned clients and new business to achieve branding and advertising initiatives.
- Works closely with art directors and designers to ensure copy tone and style are consistent with visual tone, style, and brand guidelines.
- Uses planning and creative knowledge to establish creative strategy.
- Must be able to understand business objectives and audience demographics for the purpose of using such knowledge to successfully communicate through copy content.
- Responsible for translating creative direction and copy points from creative briefs into engaging and effective concepts.
- Maintains effective relationships with Creative, Account Service, Project Management and Planning teams as well as positive relationships with clients.
- Provides direction to Junior Copywriters, as needed.
What you’ll need:
- Must have experience working with multiple marketing tools
- Grammar & Punctuation Review
- Strategy Development
- Fundamentals of Advertising
- Experience using the following software program: Indesign
This copywriter needs to possess a flair with words, a fluency with the language, the ability to persuade and have a vivid imagination. The position requires a college degree. Preferably, the ideal candidate will have a Master’s or Graduate degree, or extra courses in marketing, writing, literature, or communications.
To be considered for the position one must submit a Portfolio that demonstrates capability to work across advertising and marketing mediums (print, web, television, etc.). The candidate will need 5 years of relevant copywriting experience within the field of advertising.
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.