Location: Memphis, TN, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson is seeking an Art Director for our Memphis office (remote) that will report to our ACD. As Art director, you sweat the details, understanding the multi-faceted world of our client’s visual brand, including typography, color palette, imagery and overall branding. You lead by example and possess a strong work ethic. As Art Director, you craft big ideas without losing sight of the day to day while inspiring all around you with your speed, grit and obsessive attention to detail. Your talent goes without saying, but you bring it to bear in a manner that is uniquely Wunderman Thompson: low on ego, big on laughs, collaborative, respectful, and professional.
What you’ll do:
- Art Direction | Provide art direction and design support for project across digital and print channels.
- Translate | Capture brand voice in marketing materials from conception to execution of final deliverables. Own the work.
- Craft | Juggle projects and brands simultaneously. Conceptualize new campaign ideas and tactics based on established voice and tone of the brand.
- Collaborate | Partner with the copywriters for the timely development and execution of campaigns and projects, including the concepting and execution of final deliverables. Team up with account services to understand client goals, strategy, and feedback. Serve as a respected member of your team to execute projects and tackle deadlines.
- Concept | Concept big ideas and innovative tactics that can span a range of platforms, including digital, mobile, social, CRM, and broadcast.
Who you are:
- A Builder | Forms relationships as a trustworthy and essential team lead across relevant markets, regions, and businesses. Easily recognized and trusted within the agency. Able to spin up creative input in brainstorming sessions.
- Passionate | Seeks out new opportunities to help elevate the clients brand based design trends, understanding the brand needs and market.
- Creatively Brave | Passionate about the power of creativity with the knowledge to identify and nurture the best ideas. Adapts to solve clients’ challenges.
What you’ll need:
- Minimum 2 years of art direction experience in advertising or marketing.
- Healthcare experience is a huge plus.
- Portfolio demonstrating integrated campaigns that include digital / social / emerging media.
- Proficient in Adobe CC: Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign skills.
- Capable in O365: Word and Power Point.
- Understands the importance of visual storytelling, design and UX practices.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.