Department: Project Management & Delivery
Expertise: Communications, Production
Location: Atlanta, GA, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson is seeking a Project Manager, an enthusiastic critical thinker and problem solver, who thrives on being engaged at all levels of a project. Our Project Managers acutely realize the opportunities and constraints of a given project and take responsibility for setting and managing expectations internally and with clients. They understand how to manage and negotiate trade-offs to deliver on time, within budget and against agreed objectives. Project Managers have full campaign lifecycle experience from scoping through delivery and can confidently navigate and prioritize business needs, resource management, schedules and financials to successfully navigate and deliver all aspects of the assignment. This individual will be supporting one of the Atlanta office’s largest clients and will help manage and facilitate their TV, print, radio, social, and other programs.
**This is a remote opportunity with option for future hybrid in-office working capability. Our office is currently operating in a remote capacity.**
What you’ll do:
- Work | Deliver work that is excellent, on time, on budget and goes beyond the brief. Oversee the entire delivery and execution of projects. Identify dependencies and impacts of delays. Gain alignment on the scope, schedule, assumptions and price for projects with an ability to effectively translate these to Client Proposals and Statements of Work.
- People | Motivate, direct and challenge teams to produce great work. Partner with Account Management to manage scope and identify opportunities. Ensure a collaborative ‘One Team’ approach comprising of, account management, production, content/social, finance and client representatives.
- Process | Establish and manage project/program communication and process. Balance the opportunities and constraints within a given project. Leverage existing tools and processes to monitor people and progress.
- Financials | Responsible for project estimation, planning and profitability. Build detailed project plans in accordance with budget.
Who you are:
- Leader | Influences without authority and fosters an environment of shared accountability. Drives projects from ambiguity to clarity. Innate ability to marshal people and create gravity around ideas.
- Builder | Navigates strong collaboration between people, processes and systems. Entrepreneurial attitude coupled with a strong business acumen. Has the appetite to bring people together.
- Detail Oriented | Sharp attention to detail and a drive for perfection. Our team is close-knit and supportive, and we’re working with a lot of unknowns – you must be a champion of team environments that are comfortable and encouraging.
- A Strong Communicator | Excellent communication and analytical skills. Digs in and figures out how to work around problems. Yes and why not posture.
What you'll need:
- 3+ years of experience managing projects in an agency or consulting environment.
- Experience working with common project management tools such as Smartsheet, Jira, Confluence, Microsoft Project, Slack, and Microsoft Teams.
- Experience creating project estimates and tracking financial burn.
- Conscientious and adept at problem-solving through critical thinking.
- Comfortable leading team and client meetings, tailoring communications based on audience and level (technology, creative, finance, client, or vendor).
- Ability to meet high standards for quality and accuracy under tight deadlines.
- Passion to learn the inner workings of the business and be part of a team.
- Ability to scope projects accurately, prioritize time well and juggle multiple projects with little to no supervision.
- Ability to communicate coherently and sensitively with clients, vendors and staff members.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.