Location: New York, NY, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson is seeking a Product Strategist who will be responsible for developing and implementing all product strategy initiatives for Wunderman Thompson client accounts. You will monitor trends driving our industry, identifying consumer needs, add structure to ambiguous problems, and frame key decisions for our clients. You will work closely with cross-functional teams to define and translate our work into actionable insights to influence the long-term product roadmap.
As a product strategist, you must be passionate about leveraging quantitative and qualitative insights to direct your strategic efforts. You must be a self-starter and be able to lead and influence product strategy. Successful candidates for this position will be able to develop a deep understanding of the client account’s product landscape, including trends, identify key industry players, understand and utilize existing and emerging technologies, and their underlying dynamics. You will partner with clients, cross-functional teams and communicate your insights and recommendations to product team members and executives.
What you’ll do:
- Follow Through | Launch product strategies and campaigns for Wunderman Thompson’s clients and help lead our agency’s offerings from inception through post launch.
- Innovate | Oversee strategic ideation and development to deliver best-in-class product strategies to drive brand awareness and reputation.
- Collaborate | Work closely across brand, creative, social and marketing teams to champion product ideas and execute global integrated activations and strategies.
- Learn and Develop | Stay connected with the network’s products, guide them through strategic best practices and maintain and enhance our agency’s voice,
- Drive Results | Develop and own goals and performance metrics for campaigns; monitor regularly to understand effectiveness of strategy and creative, making recommendation for continuous improvement.
Who you are:
- A Builder | Entrepreneurial attitude coupled with a strong business acumen. Ability and appetite to bring people together. Innate ability to marshal people and create gravity around ideas.
- Detail Oriented | You have completer mentality and a strong record of delivery. You are organized and have excellent time management skills. Able to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing, deadline-oriented environment. Critical thinker and problem solver.
- A Strong Communicator | You can effectively communicate with all members of the team and collaborate with industry professionals to create a strong network.
- Ego-less | We all wear the hats that need wearing- it’s a mentality that makes the team successful.
What you’ll need:
- Work closely with product leaders and cross-functional teams to influence product strategy decisions aligned with our mission
- Provide sophisticated research and analysis on market trends, customer behaviors to create data-driven business cases for strategic product decisions
- Leverage data to uncover key insights in a given market or product space
- Effectively present and communicate actionable insights and recommendations to executives, product and business leaders, and cross-functional partners, in order to influence product roadmap decisions
- Develop and maintain the role of a “trusted advisor” with product leaders and cross-functional partners to drive long-term impact
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams such as User Research, Analytics, Product Marketing, and Corporate Development to build insights and recommendations
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.