Senior Creative Strategist (Remote)
Senior Creative Strategist (Remote)
Location: Atlanta, GA, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Who we are looking for:
We’re adding a Senior Creative Strategist to our team who will focus on shaping strategies and design solutions starting from a clear understanding of consumers, markets and enabling technologies. We are looking for an expert at creative briefs and new business strategy. As part of the strategy team, you’ll work with our creative team to help define the vision for, and execution of, solutions to every day business problems and bring unity to teams and clients. You are a world-class storyteller who thrives in environments of strong empathy for the human condition, critical thinking, business acumen, and love solving meaningful problems.
You are a proven expert in trend forecasting and strategic thinking. You are passionate about people and their needs, and you use your storytelling skills to help create meaningful, engaging products and services. You have an innate curiosity and drive to find compelling consumer insights and are constantly searching for new ways of constructing effective and inspiring strategies and creative.
**This is a remote opportunity with option for future hybrid in-office working capability. Our office is currently operating in a remote capacity.**
What you’ll do:
- Client | Present directly to clients, gaining their trust by telling a concise and compelling story to explain our strategies and approach. Provide strategic direction to Account teams for brands across the digital ecosystem, in addition to partnering with creative and brand teams to create and update case studies each quarter that illustrate the compelling stories on our best work.
- Team | Act as a point-person for creative briefing across WT North America. Lead, manage, inspire, and motivate teams. Review team deliverables and collaborate with creative teams. Provide inspiration, strategic oversight and ensure the work gets noticed, used and appreciated. Collaborate with Project Managers to develop and manage realistic timelines and project plans.
- Innovation | Develop an industry-leading approaches to trend forecasting and setting. Identify new tools, social channels, and emerging technologies to create customer journeys capable of identifying disruptive innovations throughout a brand experience.
Who you are:
- A creative thinker and storyteller | Transforms information into a insightful story that inspires creative work.
- A builder | Entrepreneurial attitude coupled with a strong business acumen. Ability and appetite to bring people together. Innate ability to marshal people and create gravity around ideas.
- Open and collaborative | Articulates problems and solutions clearly to bring unity to teams. Our team is close-knit and supportive, and we’re working with a lot of unknowns – you must be a champion of team environments that are comfortable and encouraging.
- Optimistic and resilient | Digs in and figures out how to work around problems. Yes and why not posture. Takes care of self and team. Maintains stamina and positivity.
- Ego-less | We all wear the hats that need wearing- it’s a mentality that makes the team successful.
- An inclusive partner | Someone who recognizes that different voices and identities can make the work better when given a seat our table
What you'll need:
- 5+ years of professional strategy experience within a creative agency, consulting firm, and/or boutique strategy firm.
- Demonstrated success in creative briefing with the ability to walk through most captivating choices and ideas, thoroughly explaining thought-process.
- Insatiable curiosity and passion about uncovering human truths, choices, and behaviors.
- Up-to-date understanding of market trends and keen interest in following emerging technologies.
- Strong project and people management skills. A proven track record of functioning as a project leader as well as an individual contributor.
- Expertise in synthesizing and translating information into cohesive and concise thoughts and plans.
- Experience in collaboration and working cross-functionally, both internally and nationally.
- Comfort with a flexible working style, keeping up with fast-paced accounts and comfortable with shifting focus as business needs develop.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.