Associate Creative Director
Associate Creative Director
Location: New York, NY, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson is seeking an Associate Creative Director (ACD) who is both a killer designer and dynamic day-to-day team leader for a major account. The ACD is a digital-marketing mastermind who absolutely geeks out on designing effective and entertaining content the CRM space. You get excited at the prospect of an email program you help oversee driving higher conversion. That the imagery and layout you created or approved are pushing brand standards to new levels. That the team you help lead is developing innovative consumer content that is solving real client challenges and creating genuine moments of connection between a beloved brand and its customers.
As ACD, you are an expert collaborator and are able to develop strong working relationships with other discipline leads on the team. You inspire team members to exceed expectations, and you yourself strive to continually evolve and grow the brand’s connection and personality. You are constantly curious and seek innovative ways to apply your knowledge in the CRM space, pushing against the norms of traditional messaging and marketing.
You will report to the Creative Director and will step in to help lead large projects or platforms. You will act as the sole lead on smaller projects.
What you’ll do:
- Big idea thinking | Divergent thinking that leads to the creation of unique CRM experiences that reach a particular audience.
- Client facing | Regularly connect with clients to create a partnership that builds trust in our thought leadership and ideas.
- Analyze | Understand how data is used to develop multi-channel campaigns and experiences that successfully connect with the audience.
- Create | Generate highly effective creative concepts, and provide exceptional art and copy direction.
- Collaborate | Closely partner with your Account and Strategy counterparts. Successfully integrate into the larger team and being a positive force in our work environment and agency culture.
Who you are:
- A builder | Entrepreneurial attitude. Appetite for bringing people together. Possess an innate knack to marshal people and create gravity around ideas.
- A leader | You set a high-quality bar and ensure that team members are exceling and growing in their craft and careers.
- Open and collaborative | Our team is close-knit and supportive and we’re working with a lot of unknowns. You must be a champion of team environments that are comfortable with ambiguity and encourage collaboration.
- An experimenter | You embrace the unknown and are ready to both enforce and break process. You’re excited by opportunities to create new ideas rather than defaulting to existing ones. You see technology as a tool for creativity.
- Ego-less | We all wear the hats that need wearing. It’s a mentality that makes the team successful.
What you’ll need:
- A portfolio that showcases excellent CRM and creative campaign work.
- Minimum 6 years of agency (preferably digital agency) experience.
- Minimum 2 years of experience leading teams and projects.
- Working knowledge of UX principles and tools.
- Experience using data and technology to come up with innovative brand experiences.
- Demonstrated leadership and ability to manage multiple accounts in a fast-paced environment.
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.