Location: Los Angeles, CA, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
***An important note on location and REMOTE options:
While this role is based out of our Los Angeles office, work can be done remotely for strong qualified candidates. However, due to client considerations and workflow reasons only candidates who are local to the U.S. Pacific or Mountain time zones can be considered. Please only apply if you are local to these areas.
At this time the intention for candidates local to LA will be to choose between working remotely or opting for a hybrid work model that combines working from home and working on-site in our LA office (near the Playa Vista area.) Thank you!
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson is seeking a conceptually-driven, digital-native Creative Director to lead our newest account- one of the largest and well-known social media platforms in the world. As Creative Director, you’ll focus on shaping strategies and design solutions starting from a clear understanding of markets, business and enabling technologies, as well as a profound, empathetic immersion into consumer mindsets, needs and latent expectations.
Your teams are multidisciplinary, comprised of designers with background in branding, digital, marketing and product design, interaction design, visual design, industrial design, design technology and event planning. They have in common strong empathy for the human condition, critical thinking, business acumen, and love for solving the most meaningful problems through storytelling and experiences.
Who you are:
- You are a patient and friendly individual who is smart, curious and confident.
- You have the ability to learn on the fly and develop points of view for a constantly changing marketing, product and service development landscape.
- You have the ability to listen, to see value in other opinions, and are able to collaborate respectfully and effectively.
- You are a leader who can take direction as well as give it; who can lead projects as well as get your hands dirty as needed.
- Have a hunger and fire in your belly for the unknown. You get your teams fired up about the unknown and help them take risks by providing the net that allows them to fail quickly, recover and make the work better over and over.
What you’ll do:
- Oversee the development of creative planning: harnessing strategy, digital and brand thinking, compelling content and product interactions
- Lead brand stewardship to ensure creative deliverables are representative of the consumer goals and brand values
- Push on Strategists, Technologists, Project and Account Managers to ensure that we are able to create our absolute best work and innovate “beyond the brief” every time you receive one
- Stay abreast of design reviews (across key engagements) to maintain quality and mentor creative teams, using this knowledge to provide senior-level creative guidance across disciplines
- Partner with other Creative leads, and the ECD in hiring, mentoring, supervising, and guiding team members to fulfill their full potential
- Advocate to “sell in” creative work that pushes our clients, inspires the studio and builds our portfolio
- Critically evaluate and lead partner strategies, platforms and content development
- Continually explore opportunities to enhance, improve, and expand our methodologies and service offerings
- Facilitate work-sessions for teams, partners, internal stakeholders and clients
- Continually enhance Wunderman Thompson’s knowledge of the industry and competitive landscape at large
- Evangelize the perspectives of the creative discipline to foster collaboration across the studio
- Develop and represent your personal point of view internally and externally and share this POV at industry events, conferences, and through online platforms
What you’ll need:
- Proven experience at building, managing, and sustaining successful teams
- An exceptional portfolio showcasing innovative design solutions
- Experience creating for digital and social platforms.
- A reputation for creating great work that inspires other disciplines to up their game and consistently inspires the teams/individuals who work under you
- Exceptional communication skills (both in conversation and in writing), with an emphasis on storytelling, pitching and presentations, running work-sessions, and articulating and defending creative decisions
- Proven track record partnering with multiple disciplines on projects and practices
What we offer:
- Passionate, driven people | We champion a culture of people that do extraordinary work.
- Consciously cultivated culture | We aim to embody the behaviors to build an inclusive community that is in it together, bringing both positivity and active listening into the workplace as we simultaneously strive to empower creative bravery.
- Competitive benefits | What we offer full time hires ranges from the full spectrum of group health coverage options (medical, dental, vision) to a generous 401k match (100% dollar-for-dollar match, up to 5% of salary contribution), and a variety of paid time off offerings that reflect our investment in all aspects of your overall life balance and wellness.
- Growth-minded opportunities | We aim to nurture a culture of real-time feedback, growth-oriented mindset, and plenty of training opportunities through Wunderman Thompson and WPP, so you can continue to grow personally and professionally.
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.