Department: Client Services
Location: London, United Kingdom
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
What you’ll be doing:
GSK is on an extremely exciting journey with an inspiring and bolstering vision. They have a big appetite to push for braver creative and broaden our offering past simply comms to consumer-centric experience-led programming. Respiratory is currently the smallest category but with a very big ambition and the time is now to push for bigger and better. This role is to join the GSK and work within Respiratory on one of its power brands, Theraflu. The structure of the Theraflu team is reflective of what GSK looks for, senior decision makers in a nimble team structure: Managing Partner, Account Director, Project Manager, Creative led, Strategy Lead. We then pull in other skillset as required.
- Experienced Digital/integrated Account Director
- Has experience in digital-first native thinking and creative delivery
- Has strengths in strategy and creative thinking (Critical and active mind)
- Hears and picks up potential business opportunities
- Has experience of planning and delivering a campaign (with the support of a Prj Mgr) from start to finish
- As part of the Global team you will be the critical client point of contact and a core part of Team GSK.
- Working closely with both WPP Client Leads, you will be responsible for briefing, management and execution of planned and ad hoc campaigns, whilst managing other agency partners and client relationships
- Working with key clients you will understand and interpret their brief, challenging the ask when necessary to ensure WPP Team GSK are always delivering the best solution, pulling in other members of the team (strategy, creative, data, project management, etc.) as and when required
- Working closely with the Sr. project manager who will gather the right information from the clients and setup a scope of work to deliver against the brief, on time and on budget, ensuring the best in class work and internal/client stakeholder management through the process.
Who you are:
- Experience in an integrated, digital or social/content agency or in a client-side role
- Proven ability of building strong relationships across a multitude of departments, disciplines and levels of stakeholders
- Able to manage a multitude of projects, prioritizing to ensure the agency is always delivering against the client’s latest needs and escalate upwards in time, to mitigate any issues, even before they arise
- Able to be an essential member of the GSK client team while always supporting the agencies approach and delivering against the agency’s agenda
- Proven ability of handling creative development and production projects including brief writing and presenting creative work to client
What we can offer you:
We don’t settle for people who can just do the job, we look for people that go beyond that and always push our thinking to be better than yesterday. We believe that this is what makes our agency a great place to be – a space where you’re never far away from the best minds to learn from.
We want you to be comfortable and proud every day of the week and have created an open and inclusive environment where you can bring your whole self to work. We don’t want you to just fit into our culture, we want your uniqueness and diversity of background to add to it and make this an agency where we all have a real sense of belonging and purpose. We are a community.
Our focus is on keeping teams connected and engaged whether we're in the office or working from home, putting people’s wellbeing first, ensuring every person has access to our learning and development programme and building an inclusive workplace. We have a weekly ‘Staying Connected Calendar’ which is full to the brim of training you can get involved in, inspiration sessions hosted by external partners to check out and wellbeing classes and tips and tricks to look after your mind, body and soul. From yoga, Pilates, HIIT, hypnotherapy, a Strava cycling group, 1:1 resilience sessions and trained mental health first aiders. To name a few. Within our office we have a dedicated wellness studio and this year we built a brand new learning lab. Here we host weekly lunchtime lessons that supports iLearn, our learning & development portal home to 100s of sessions for you to access. We're also committed to building an inclusive, equitable and diverse workforce driven by our Inclusion Council and Employee Resource Groups; Roots, Green, Unite, Women @ WT, Families Network and culture club.
Your career development is important to us. Thrive will provide you with the framework and support needed to reach your career aspirations. There really is no shortage of opportunities here for the right person that is prepared to roll their sleeves up, get involved and collaborate with those around them to deliver the best work for our clients and our agency.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.