Head of Strategic Planning
Head of Strategic Planning
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
The Head of Strategic Planning is responsible for setting the strategic direction for the company and its clients. Working across Wunderman Thompson’s core pillars of brand experience, consumer engagement and data and analytics, the Head of Strategic Planning works across disciplines and channels, utilizing a varied range of tools to derive key insights that leads to relevant and timely brand communications throughout the entire customer journey.
In addition, as a member of local management team, this role also oversees all the teams of new capabilities, such as Data, CX, e-Commerce, and Tech.
What you’ll do
- Lead the strategy of some of our biggest clients, and partner with them to unlock their business growth by genuinely understanding their business and their challenges
- Partner with creatives to make ground breaking work and give them interesting, unexpected ways to look at creative solutions
- Lead and mentor an integrated strategic planning team
- Use data, research and insight to uncover areas of growth or creative firepower, and synthesize all of this into compelling narratives
- Develop new business opportunities for the network, both in a leading and supporting role as leader of the wider group of teams for new capabilities
- Drive digital and technological innovation amongst agency and client stakeholders
Who you are
- Minimum 10 years of strategy experience that brings with the ability to solve complex problems, partner with clients and earn their trust
- Superior presentation skills with the ability to persuade and inform, while maintaining agency standards and strategic point-of-view.
- Effective leadership and managerial skills. Can inspire, train and mentor junior staff members in multi-lingual environments.
- Business level Japanese and English skill.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.