VP, Engagement Strategist
VP, Engagement Strategist
Expertise: CX, Health
Location: New York, NY, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Wunderman Thompson Health, a division of Wunderman Thompson, works with companies to build world-class healthcare and pharmaceutical brands among medical professionals and consumers, with a transmedia storytelling approach that covers print, digital and television broadcast media, medical education, sales force presentations and managed access strategies.
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson Health is seeking a VP, Engagement Strategist in our New York office. The VP, Engagement Strategist leads engagement strategy for multiple accounts and sets the agenda for development and implementation of marketing initiatives. The VP, Engagement Strategist is highly versed in multichannel and omnichannel marketing across all digital/data/technology-driven platforms designed to meet specific business objectives of clients. The VP, Engagement Strategist demonstrates a keen understanding of how to build strategies and plans to communicate with key customers and show leadership skills to drive business forward.
What you’ll do:
- Lead | Lead strategy for assigned / group accounts. Coordinate and integrate planning processes with other subject matter experts (medical, adtech, UX, creative, analytics). Provide project leadership and direction. Oversee optimization and enhancements across all channels. Manage client engagements with Account Management, Project Management, Creative and Brand Strategy teams. Oversee tactical planning and all final deliverables. Supervise the implementation of guidelines and playbooks. Manage mid-level staff on the Engagement Strategy team, supporting in resourcing and allocation management of team
- Collaborate | Collaborate with Marketing Intelligence to design metrics, dashboards, KPIs and measurement plans that guide optimization and enhancements. Oversee customer journey and experience mapping workshops. Manage Search (Paid / Earned / Shared / Owned media) tools, technology and engagement tactics from strategic partners. Provide Insights to client, multidisciplinary teams and strategic partners.
- Agency Growth | Proactively initiates or identifies opportunities for strategic POV development. Identifies opportunities for business growth (organic and net new). Monitor’s opportunities to increase scope/pitch recommendation.
Who you are:
- A builder | Entrepreneurial attitude coupled with strong business acumen. Ability and appetite to bring people together. Innate ability to marshal people and create gravity around ideas.
- Open and collaborative | Our team is close-knit and supportive and we’re working with a lot of unknowns – you must champion team environments that are comfortable and encouraging.
- Optimistic and resilient | Dig in and figure out how to work around problems. Exemplify a “Yes and why not?” posture. Take care of self and team. Create a team culture necessary to maintain stamina and positivity.
- Ego-less | We all wear the hats that need wearing. It’s a mentality that makes the team successful.
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree with a concentration in marketing or related field
- 8-10 years’ experience in digital/engagement strategy and marketing
- Understanding of principles of design thinking
- Comfort with interpreting data and providing observations
- Storytelling, deck development and ability to craft POV
- Fluent in social media best practices, SEO/M and digital media
- Able to craft POV to solve business problems, craft proposals and sell work through
- Guidance and support, able to answer questions across all strategy
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite (PowerPoint, Excel), Strategy and POV formulation
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.