Associate Creative Director, Art
Associate Creative Director, Art
Location: Atlanta, GA, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Who we are looking for:
We are seeking an Associate Creative Director (Art) to join our world class creative team based here in Atlanta. A next level conceptual thinker who knows all when it comes to concepting big ideas that demand attention across all media. You’ll partner with a ACD of Copy but are able to fly solo when needed– owning multiple projects with ease. Client and presentation skills are expected.
This role will be focused on our US Marines account, helping to launch their new brand campaign, leading ongoing advertising needs, and directing art on upcoming tech experiences and activations. We’re looking for someone who can do the job, and then surprise us with something we’d never thought of with both confidence and inspiration. Someone who possesses a talent for transforming great ideas into engaging creative, and has a passion for bold storytelling through beautiful craft and execution.
**This is a remote start opportunity with option for hybrid in-office working capability. Our office is currently operating in a remote capacity.**
WT Atlanta is looking for top creative talent who want more–more global brands, more portfolio worthy campaigns, and more access to the partners, specialists, and technology to help you sell-in and execute ideas that break rules, traditions, and set future trends for the industry and your peers.
We know the next big idea is nothing without the right opportunity and team to help you make it a reality.
As winner of both Most Creative Company and Most Innovative Network at Cannes this year, our recognition is quickly catching up with our work (and the culture around it). In our Atlanta office, nothing we do is mid-market. From owning the creative on global accounts and building brands that reach billions, to leading creative on North American pitches as we continue to grow and expand. We operate with the culture and hustle of a small independent creative shop, but we do the work that only the muscle of the largest agency in the world can pull off.
Our work is quickly expanding in the ATL office. The momentum we’re seeing is unmatched. We’re seeking new creative hires with the talent to help continue our growth.
What you’ll do:
- Build Brands | Concept and craft award winning brand campaigns for ambitious clients.
- Break Traditions | We expect you to embrace the unknown, knowing that truly great storytelling knows no rules. You’ll be excited by opportunities to create brand narratives across existing channels, as well as in all new places we’re still learning about. You know that if it’s been done, it’s not good enough. You see technology as a tool for creativity.
- Create | Ideate constantly and be passionate about bringing new ideas to every brief, tactic, execution, and conversation.
- Collaborate | Partner with ACD, Copy for the timely development and execution of campaigns and projects, including the concepting and execution of final deliverables. Team with Account Services to understand client goals, strategy, and feedback. Contribute concepts and ideas to new business pitches, pro-bono work, and in-house projects.
- Grow | From day one, you’ll be expected to bring an open mind and a passion for expanding your experiences and skill sets.
- Client Facing | Present creative in internal meetings. Participate in client meetings, presentations, and other client contact as necessary.
Who you are:
- Ready for Today | We need a modern Associate Creative Director. You’ll be expected to do much more than just broadcast and video. We’re looking for an ability to bring brand stories to life across channels and will be looking for portfolios that prove it.
- Trend Setter | A cultural expert, you know current trends and what’s next.
- Ambitious | You know what you like, what you’re after, and know how to navigate any scenario that comes your way to get it done
- Ego-less | We all wear the hats that need wearing, it’s a mentality that makes the team successful.
What you'll need:
- 5-7 years of experience in advertising agency, inhouse creative group, or related field.
- Portfolio showcasing award winning creative work + successfully launched client projects on broadcast, social, and everything in between.
- Ability to direct and mentor junior team members.
- Ability to handle a high-volume environment with rapid turnaround times and manage multiple tasks and project details.
- Provide creative input in brainstorming sessions for a variety of projects.
- Stay current with latest social trends and technology and implement as appropriate.
- Strong time management skills and solid work ethic.
- Ambitious personality with the determination to do great work and the expertise of your craft to get it done.
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.