Director, Brand Experience Strategy
Director, Brand Experience Strategy
Location: Kansas City, MO, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson is seeking an Experience Strategy Director in our Kansas City office. With an emphasis on brand communications, digital and multi-channel strategy, you will provide leadership across internal, multi-disciplined partner agencies, and client brand teams.
You will discover, crystallize and tell stories to bring insights to life from existing research, as well as recommend and provide guidance for primary research. As the leader of strategy, you will provide thought leadership for brand architectures, communications strategies, and digital ecosystems that achieve business and brand communication goals.
This role partners with the agency’s Executive Creative Director, agency Account Director for holistic digital strategies — and provides direction to other agency strategists (including content strategists) and the creative teams.
What you’ll do:
- Lead | Identify business and marketing problems, industry drivers, competitive landscapes and trends — apply insights to enable clients to compete effectively. Recommend and direct research, analyze findings to create strategic plans in imaginative and breakthrough ways. Proactively identify new opportunities for client growth, enforce processes, provide quality assurance and implement best practices across all engagements. Translate and adapt your expert knowledge to guide client and agency thinking — guide agency creative teams to create effective, award-winning work — collaborate with cross functional project teams to motivate, create and implement short and long-term integrated marketing strategies. Conduct analysis of multiple solution options, develop and recommend a strategic approach that meets clients' objectives.
- Develop | You will lead the development of integrated communication strategies, with a focus on digital — covering campaign, communication and channel planning, and programmatic recommendations for acquiring customers and building lifetime value. Develop framework and conceptual approaches needed to provide guidance for meeting client marketing objectives. Develop channel strategies that define how clients can best use digital, social, and offline channels to meet integrated communication objectives.
- Communicate | A continual source of marketing inspiration, you'll work closely with client services and creative teams to help bring integrated strategies to life and ensure that the plans support the client’s brand and business goals and objectives. Serve as a point of differentiation for Wunderman that embodies a data-driven, creatively-inspired culture.
Who you are:
- A builder | Entrepreneurial attitude coupled with a strong business acumen. Ability and appetite to bring people together. Innate ability to marshal people and create gravity around ideas.
- Collaborative | Our team is close-knit and supportive, and we’re working with a lot of unknowns – you must be a champion of team environments that are comfortable and encouraging.
- Resilient | You’re not afraid to dig in and figure out how to work around problems. You take care of self and team and maintain balance of stamina and positivity.
- Ego-less | You’re ready to wear the hats that need wearing—it’s a mentality that makes the team successful.
What you’ll need:
- A minimum of 7 years of experience in digital marketing or experience design strategy.
- A proven curiosity and willingness to dive deep into complex categories.
- Strong analytical skills and understanding of user behavior data.
- A strong understanding of brands with proven experience in delivering communication strategies that meet business goals.
- Outstanding interaction skills with senior agency and client team members.
- Exceptional verbal, written communication and persuasion skills
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.