Executive Director of CX
Executive Director of CX
Location: Chicago, IL, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson Midwest is seeking Executive Director of Customer Experience to be responsible for setting and implementing the agency’s vision for the role of Customer Experience at WT Midwest and for our clients. They will be focused on shaping a POV on creating connected experiences, across all platforms including desktop, mobile, social, physical, gestural, voice, etc. In this role, this person will scale, guide and lead WT’s Midwest CX team, which consists of Experience Strategists, Content Strategy, User Experience and Experience Designers of all levels.
What you’ll do:
- Lead Teams and Practice| Articulates a strong CX vision with a diversity of approaches and styles that are appropriate for the varied WT client base. Drives CX best practices and provides leadership, mentorship and support for CX staff. Guides teams to create outstanding experiences across the client portfolio and design best-in-class research, strategy and design deliverables. Assess CX needs across the agency and build the appropriate team to support immediate, billable needs. Drive the delivery process across all CX disciplines integrated tightly with account management, project management, design, and technology.
- Strategize | Help lead strategic brainstorming and concepting sessions with Planners, Brand Strategists and Creatives to expand big ideas into useful experiences. Leads presentations and POVs for CX strategy and owns feasibility of deliverables to internal and client stakeholders.
- Provide Design Leadership | Ensure the creation of cohesive, scalable, and beautiful design systems across a range of current and emerging technologies.
- Collaborate | Work with senior client teams and peers across account, strategy, data, creative, tech and production to envision and deliver world-class design solutions.
- Unlock Growth | Convert new business opportunity in the CX space and contribute to new business pitches. Identify new ventures and partnerships with key start-ups and platforms.
Who you are:
- A Seasoned, Highly Proficient Leader | You’re an experienced practitioner that knows when to lead and support their team. You’re an expert in human-centered design principles.
- Knowledgeable and Highly Skilled | You know what types of experiences are achievable by current technologies or made possible by emerging technologies. You are highly proficient in one or more of the following: Sketch, Adobe Suite including XD, Principle, InVision, and Figma.
- Influencer & Communicator | You’re not only amazing at your craft, but you also know how to educate, persuade, delegate, and drive projects, inspiring both clients and more junior members of the team. You have a demonstrated ability to synthesize and present your work to client and internal audiences of all backgrounds. You have excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communications skills required to make the complex feel and sound simple and compelling.
What you’ll need:
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in a digital or integrated agency or consultancy with a minimum of 5 years of client-facing experience.
- Experience with working in a progressive, creatively-driven agency environment that has embraced digitally-led thinking and CX principles as part of the core creative process.
- Strong conceptual thinking in intuitive functionality, interactions, content and usability principles, as well as a solid understanding of both visual and interaction design.
- Experience working across multiple parallel work streams and in an agile-like environment within an agency.
- A diverse portfolio of work that showcases your experience, including a demonstration of your conceptual thinking, your unique aesthetic, as well as your strategic and technical skillset.
What we offer:
- Passionate, driven people | We champion a culture of people that do extraordinary work.
- Consciously cultivated culture | We aim to embody the behaviors to build an inclusive community that is in it together, bringing both positivity and active listening into the workplace as we simultaneously strive to empower creative bravery.
- Competitive benefits | What we offer full time hires ranges from the full spectrum of group health coverage options (medical, dental, vision) to a generous 401k match (100% dollar-for-dollar match, up to 5% of salary contribution), and a variety of paid time off offerings that reflect our investment in all aspects of your overall life balance and wellness.
- Growth-minded opportunities | We aim to nurture a culture of real-time feedback, growth-oriented mindset, and plenty of training opportunities through Wunderman Thompson and WPP, so you can continue to grow personally and professionally.
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.