Department: Data & Analytics
Location: Seattle, WA, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson is seeking an Analytics Director to join our Seattle office. As the Analytics Director, you will oversee, nurture, and drive performance in offline and online CRM, customer retention and acquisition marketing programs. You will work cross-functionally with creative, technology, strategy, and project management professionals to help lead the agency as an analytics thought-leader.
What you'll do:
- Lead | Lead the agency's account and analytics team to ensure high caliber research, actionable insights, predictive metrics, analysis and recommendations. Standardize and scale best practices.
- Manage | Manage and mentor junior analytics team members. Oversee outside vendors and partners (such as database partners, list vendors, etc.) to ensure data integrity for outbound marketing efforts as well as analysis and reporting.
- Train | Collaborate with all team disciplines on data strategy and tracking requirements to enable program execution and measurement needs across all channels. Create and manage a training plan for account management/project management team to be able to make one off campaign insights and provide recommendations to clients.
- Report | Develop persuasive presentations and POV documents with recommendations to clients. Develop strategic recommendations with discipline leads on assigned account(s). Deliver meaningful customer insights through preparing and producing analytics reports.
- Analyze | Oversee analysis and reporting projects and provide each assigned account with in-depth target segment profiles, measurement plans and performance forecasts. Analyze large and complex data sets to solve business challenges. Develop and implement testing and optimization plans to evaluate current campaigns, including A/B and multivariate testing. Participate in new business pitches as required.
- Drive | Develop effective relationships with key client contacts, taking lead on data and analytics-focused initiatives and communications. Create and propose testing measurement plans to clients to drive growth for key growth KPIs. Develop innovative solutions for client work that can be built into standardized methods and external case studies.
Who you are:
- A builder | You have an entrepreneurial attitude coupled with strong business acumen. You bring people together, with the innate ability to create gravity around ideas.
- An expert | You have outstanding knowledge of AI and machine learning, statistical modeling, state-of-the-art tools, and engineering best practices with a high attention to detail, data accuracy and quality of output.
- A thought leader | You are a highly collaborative and courageous thought leader willing to be the objective voice of data to the rest of the company. You love to learn new things, forge new areas of understanding, and enable other teams to manifest them.
- Open and collaborative | Our team is close-knit and supportive and we’re working with a lot of unknowns – you must champion team environments that are comfortable and encouraging.
- Optimistic and resilient | You dig in and figure out how to work around problems. Exemplify a “Yes and why not?” posture. You take care of self and team, with the balance needed to maintain stamina and positivity.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Business Administration or related field– Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in an Analytics function used in the development of a customer centric marketing program within an integrated environment.
- Ability to analyze complex marketing data sets across email, web, mobile, and other digital marketing channels/campaigns to create the right reports visually that tells a story.
- Demonstrated capability for developing and understanding strategy from A/B testing to creating the right program marketing mix.
- Demonstrated consulting and relationship building skills when working with senior management of both agency and clients.
- Proven experience in generating and translating insights into strategic applications that positively impact client ROI and other major metrics.
- Supervisory/management experience of direct reports and cross-disciplinary teams.
- Ability to work across teams, build relationships and influence managers.
- Comfortable with ambiguity; ability to use data to effectively assess problems and approach solutions.
- A passion for solving diverse puzzles and effectively communicating mental models for how to solve them.
- Ability to balance multiple projects and meet quick deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Solid understanding of web metrics tools such as Google Analytics and/or Adobe, statistical analysis tools.
- Experience with R and Python preferred.
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.