Digital Media Analyst
Digital Media Analyst
Department: Data & Analytics
Location: Memphis, TN, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson is seeking a Digital Media Analyst with a passion for actionable analytics to solve core questions related to digital direct response campaigns that are executed through a variety of advertising channels such as paid search, display and paid social. You will work with clients, strategists, and other digital teams to understand business goals and develop KPIs that help optimize and drive performance. You will be responsible for data consolidation, analysis and insights generation and client report development—you also will need to have strong communication skills with diverse audiences at all levels of the organization. We are looking for a person who is passionate about numbers, gets excited to ask why and then see the data drive to actions.
What you’ll do:
- Data I Manage and consolidate digital media campaign data from various campaign platforms. Develop KPI frameworks and digital analytics tagging recommendations to support the collection of the data needed for KPI reporting. Monitor day-to-day campaign performance and maintain in-depth understanding of client’s overall business and marketing objectives; constantly analyzing campaign performance for optimization opportunities. Analyze large data sets to uncover trends and areas for campaign optimization. Monitor campaign data to identify technical and other issues that impact data collection.
- Client | Produce analysis and reporting in client friendly formats. Strong executive presence and confidence to present to clients regularly. Engages with clients directly in the review and discussion of data trends, insights, and recommendations. Contributes to a high client satisfaction rating of agency relationships and contributions. Seek opportunities to grow our clients’ business and improve our work. Foster innovation of new ideas and encourage independent thought.
- Team | Support Digital Media Buyers with reporting and analytics to inform digital media campaign optimizations. Support Content/SEO team with traffic data to quantify lift of site optimizations and identify new opportunities based on analysis of trends and site usage.
Who you are:
- Performance-first mindset | A highly motivated individual that is passionate about helping us meet our media goals. Ability to spark optimization and change in our campaigns, and hold our internal team accountable for results.
- Detail oriented | An eye for detail, someone who can see both the big picture and the small picture, highly organized, with strong retention skills. Ability to work well under pressure, and multi-task.
- Self motivated | A proactive self-starter who is able to work well independently, and as part of a larger team. Not afraid to take a project and run, and be confident in your skills to see the project through to completion. Dig in and figure out how to work around problems.
- Excellent communicator | Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to tailor your message to the specific audience. Able to clearly communicate project status, required steps, or roadblocks to internal and external stakeholders.
What you’ll need:
- Minimum of 2 years data/analytics experience as a primary job function.
- Strongly preferred to have experience in analyzing paid digital marketing efforts including knowledge of digital advertising (e.g. Google AdWords, DoubleClick Campaign Manager, DoubleClick Search, etc.) and analytics platforms and digital analytics platforms (e.g. Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, Coremetrics, etc.).
- Experienced in data management and well-versed in the use of analytical tools such as Microsoft Excel, Google Data Studio, Tableau, Domo, or other BI tools.
- Strong knowledge for analytics techniques with a genuine curiosity for uncovering shifts in performance.
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.