Department: Project Management & Delivery
Expertise: CRM, Production
Location: Austin, TX, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Who we are looking for:
The Program Director is responsible for leading the team that is responsible for achieving each deployment program’s objectives and stakeholders’ expectations, while balancing constraints and available resources. The Program Director will be dedicated to an account and will work closely with the leadership team to ensure that all projects are delivered as promised, on time, in budget and with quality.
The role of the Program Director is to provide end-to-end oversight on all projects within a defined program. To this end, they will act as a liaison between all stakeholders to communicate status and manage expectations, troubleshoot challenges so that issues are pre-empted or resolved quickly, ensure team adherence to established processes and facilitate the tailoring of processes as appropriate.
*This is a remote opportunity with available options for hybrid in-office working capability. Please note, our client is local to Pacific Standard Time, and thus employees must be comfortable with an evolving work schedule as certain campaigns deploy.*
What you’ll do:
- Manage | Lead the effort to tailor processes as needed. Monitor project plans across the program with a keen eye on potential challenges and delays, proactively working to document, communicate and resolve issues as quickly as possible. Oversee financial tasks and monitor project and program-level profitability against goals/standards. Lead pricing and client budgeting activities. Lead new client set-up and onboarding, requirement gathering and scope definition/change activities; including monitoring ongoing work to ensure scope alignment and new project kick-off activities.
- Partner | Someone who can manage workstreams across different interagency teams and agency partners with ease while ensuring that multiple projects are scoped accurately, are profitable, and are delivered on time and on budget while retaining the highest quality. Participate in the constant refinement of processes and creation of new processes to ensure the efficacy of the team.
- Communicate | Maintain a holistic and systemic understanding of the agency workflow in order to assess and acquire resources needed to meet or exceed project objectives. Enforce and train project team on agency processes. Prepare status reports and lead client-facing status calls. Exhibit a positive, forward-facing attitude rooted in curiosity, collaboration, problem solving and learning from mistakes.
Who you are:
- Client Advocate | You will fully represent and embed the client’s Interest in the day-to-day operations of production. You would work to establish operational and performance goals; monitor performance to ensure we are meeting their KPI’s. You would be the escalation point for our clients in resolving issues while building multi-tier relationships.
- Leader | Enforce high standards for professionalism, and model constructive problem-solving behaviors and attitudes for team members. Able to recognize team training needs and plan training sessions with senior leads.
- Knowledgeable | Possess a solid understanding of integrated tactics and execution and deployment processes for CRM, SMS, in app experiences and other digital channels.
- Collaborator | Demonstrate excellent communication skills in collaboration with team members from multiple disciplines. Prepare materials for meetings, execute efficient and organized meetings that are cross-functional. Establish strong relationships across capabilities. Ability to manage the scheduling, quality, and completion of multiple projects. Ability to adhere to processes yet remain flexible enough to tailoring as appropriate for each project.
What you’ll need:
- 6+ years of project and delivery management experience in the production space for advertising or marketing communications; a minimum of 4 years of hands-on experience managing digital projects
- Experience of working in (preferably large) agencies on large global accounts.
- Self-driven with proven experience working with multi-disciplinary teams (Tech, Creative, PM/AM) across remote offices. Good understanding of emerging web standards, user-centered design, and optimization practices.
- Proven track record in a client-service environment including presenting work and the ability to link people (including team members and stakeholders), ideas, and information throughout a project life.
- High EQ and the ability to read what a team needs to help motivate them & cultivate their careers.
- Proficiency in MS Office products.
What we offer:
- Passionate, driven people | We champion a culture of people that do extraordinary work.
- Consciously cultivated culture | We aim to embody the behaviors to build an inclusive community that is in it together, bringing both positivity and active listening into the workplace as we simultaneously strive to empower creative bravery.
- Competitive benefits | What we offer full time hires ranges from the full spectrum of group health coverage options (medical, dental, vision) to a generous 401k match (100% dollar-for-dollar match, up to 5% of salary contribution), and a variety of paid time off offerings that reflect our investment in all aspects of your overall life balance and wellness.
- Growth-minded opportunities | We aim to nurture a culture of real-time feedback, growth-oriented mindset, and plenty of training opportunities through Wunderman Thompson and WPP, so you can continue to grow personally and professionally.
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.