Location: Austin, TX, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson is seeking a Deployment Specialist who will bring campaign management expertise to support and assist with day-to-day building, testing, and deployment of CRM, SMS, in app and other digital channel campaigns. This position requires a high level of organization and attention to detail to deal with a large volume of campaigns in various stages of the process.
What you’ll do:
- Create | Building and deploying marketing communications consisting of CRM, SMS, in app and other digital channel campaigns adhering to the required processes, checklist and service levels.
- Collaborate l Work with cross functional teams to ensure delivery of campaigns that are on time. Communicate and coordinate status updates, launch confirmations, blockers, and campaign results.
- Find Solutions | Accountability for resolving issues, proposing solutions, and escalating to the appropriate person to the point of resolution.
Who you are:
- A Builder |Entrepreneurial thinker coupled with strong technical skills.
- Open and Collaborative |Our team is close-knit and supportive and we’re working with a lot of unknowns – you must champion team environments that are comfortable and encouraging. Evangelizes quality to team, colleagues, clients, and community.
- Optimistic and Focused |Dig in and figure out how to work around problems. You place an importance on the details and can manage your time across many projects.
- Ego-less |We all wear the hats that need wearing, it's a mentality that makes the team successful.
What you’ll need:
- Minimum 2 years of experience managing projects in an agency or consulting environment.
- Experience working on marketing automation and cross channel campaign management software such as Selligent, MessageGears and Zeta.
- Experience in a marketing campaign management role (Customer Relationship Programs, Digital marketing tools and systems, Email Execution, Campaign Analytics).
- Proficient in designing/developing campaigns.
- Hands on knowledge of direct/web-based marketing campaigns and customer data and analytics.
- Knowledge of segmentation and deployment services and digital marketing.
- Knowledge of lead scoring and lead life cycle.
- Should have working knowledge about smart campaigns, smart list targeting, scheduling, and setting up process flows.
- Knowledge of tagging and Bitly.
- Web development skills (HTML/CSS) are required.
- Understanding of campaign management life cycle and execution process flow.
- Experience working with common project management tools such as Smartsheet, Jira, Confluence, Microsoft Project, Slack, Workfront and Microsoft Teams.
What we offer:
- Passionate, driven people | We champion a culture of people that do extraordinary work.
- Consciously cultivated culture | We aim to embody the behaviors to build an inclusive community that is in it together, bringing both positivity and active listening into the workplace as we simultaneously strive to empower creative bravery.
- Competitive benefits | What we offer full time hires ranges from the full spectrum of group health coverage options (medical, dental, vision) to a generous 401k match (100% dollar-for-dollar match, up to 5% of salary contribution), and a variety of paid time off offerings that reflect our investment in all aspects of your overall life balance and wellness.
- Growth-minded opportunities | We aim to nurture a culture of real-time feedback, growth-oriented mindset, and plenty of training opportunities through Wunderman Thompson and WPP, so you can continue to grow personally and professionally.
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.