Talent Manager - Production
Talent Manager - Production
Location: New York, NY, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson’s New York office is looking for a Talent Manager to serve as our in-house expert on SAG/AFTRA and AFofM talent and vendor contracts.
What you'll do:
- Review creative prior to production with internal teams for overall talent risk assessment
- Prepares re-use cost estimates for all productions, as well as long range estimates requested by agency departments and clients.
- In collaboration with our Producer, you will prepare contracts and session reports for talent engagements
- Formalize completion reports with producers after each production is complete
- Submits all contracts/session reports to external payroll services for timely talent payments
- Issues monthly commercial status reports for all account assignments including follow up with teams on holding fees, MPU renegotiations, etc
- Manage all talent renegotiations that become necessary for the NY office
- Preserve an organized efficient commercial record files, current and expired.
- Develops and maintains administrative procedures necessary to assure the orderly production of commercials and control of costs.
- Assures external coordination of broadcast production activities; SAG/AFTRA issues, audits, invoice approvals, avoidance of penalties, payment authorizations, union claims etc
- Maintains on going relationships with JPC and payroll services for most up to date industry knowledge
What you’ll need:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a Business or Talent Manager within a creative agency
- Strong knowledge of SAG/AFTRA
- Experience in the latest production techniques, sources, production house capabilities, production cost factors, union contract issues, etc.
What we offer:
- Passionate, driven people | We champion a culture of people that do extraordinary work.
- Consciously cultivated culture | We aim to embody the behaviors to build an inclusive community that is in it together, bringing both positivity and active listening into the workplace as we simultaneously strive to empower creative bravery.
- Competitive benefits | What we offer full time hires ranges from the full spectrum of group health coverage options (medical, dental, vision) to a generous 401k match (100% dollar-for-dollar match, up to 5% of salary contribution), and a variety of paid time off offerings that reflect our investment in all aspects of your overall life balance and wellness.
- Growth-minded opportunities | We aim to nurture a culture of real-time feedback, growth-oriented mindset, and plenty of training opportunities through Wunderman Thompson and WPP, so you can continue to grow personally and professionally.
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.