Temporary Project Accountant
Temporary Project Accountant
Location: Saint Louis, MO, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson is seeking a temporary Project Accountant.The Project Accountant is responsible for ensuring company policy and procedures are followed with respect to day-to-day accounting functions, especially with accounts payable and project accounting. They serve as a key team member of the Finance group, and provide operational support and financial expertise to the project management team.
What you’ll do:
- Team | Work closely with project management to process requests to open and close projects, with regards to SOX compliance. Jump in on Special projects for the VP Business Operations as assigned. Serve as backup to Finance Manager-Revenue, Finance Manager-Reporting, and Senior Staff Accountant during peak and overlapping timeframes.
- Process | Review Accounts Payable vendor bills for job-related costs, route for necessary approvals, while ensuring accuracy of coding. Monitor for timeliness for vendor bill approval, troubleshooting when necessary.
Who you are:
- A builder | Entrepreneurial attitude coupled with strong business acumen. Ability and appetite to bring people together. Innate ability to marshal people and create gravity around ideas.
- Open and collaborative | Our team is close-knit and supportive and we’re working with a lot of unknowns – you must champion team environments that are comfortable and encouraging.
- Optimistic and resilient | Dig in and figure out how to work around problems. Exemplify a “Yes and why not?” posture. Takes care of self and team. Balance needed to maintain stamina and positivity.
- Ego-less | We all wear the hats that need wearing. It’s a mentality that makes the team successful.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; accounting or finance specialty a plus.
- One year of business or professional experience.
- Competency at Microsoft Excel Intermediate level preferred.
- Knowledge of accounting software preferred.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail and ability to spot inconsistencies/needed corrections.
- Ability to follow written processes and update documentation as needed.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.