Quality Assurance Manager
Quality Assurance Manager
Department: Data & Analytics
Location: Austin, TX, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson is seeking a QA Manager who will develop, implement, and manage test plans alongside managing a team of QA Analysts. The team will confirm accuracy and provide support throughout the development and launch of CRM, SMS and in app campaigns by reviewing campaigns for content and copy accuracy, functionality, rendering quality, and confirming deployment set up accuracy including data and segmentation. He or she will clearly communicate all inconsistencies back to the appropriate resource for correction. In addition, the QA Manager is responsible for managing, maintaining, and continuously improving process and quality assurance documentation along with the team. This position requires hands on day-to-day work and a high level of organization and attention to detail to deal with a large volume of campaigns in various stages of the process.
*This is a remote opportunity with available options for hybrid in-office working capability. Please note, our client is local to Pacific Standard Time, and thus employees must be comfortable with an evolving work schedule as certain campaigns deploy.*
What you’ll do:
- Develop l Responsible for developing testing procedures by defining quality metrics and test strategies. Establishes the expected standards for the quality assurance tests and clearly communicates those standards to their team. To ensure progress, manager also sets milestones and comes up with criteria to track timely progress.
- Collaborate l Work with the deployment team to understand key campaign inputs and parameters, such as audience, creative assets, data-driven personalization, and developing an appropriate customer specific testing approach.
- Review l Ensure optimal quality by reviewing coding, creative content including copy and visual elements, functionality, data segmentation, and deployment configuration, including subject lines, audience selection/exclusions, and send date and time.
- Find Solutions | Accountability for resolving issues, proposing solutions, and escalating to the appropriate person to the point of resolution.
- Manage l Manage and mentor QA Analyst team members, oversee their work, and manage their career development.
Who you are:
- Good Communicator l Effectively communicate important information to the QA Analyst team ensuring each member of the team has understood roles and responsibilities. Employs communication skills to answer questions, provide feedback, praise good work and maintain morale.
- Organized l Oversee and also partake in the completion of quality assurance projects. Set schedules, assess risks, review the work of team members and provide updates to the Program Director. Attention to detail and time management skills will ensure the success of each project.
- Adaptable l Be familiar with the role of each member of the team. Must be able to multitask if there are numerous projects at once, possibly in different stages of testing and adjust accordingly based on client requests.
- Proactive l Understand technical problems and suggests process improvements. Troubleshoots quality issues and modifies test procedures and documentation as needed.
- Optimistic and Focused | Dig in and figure out how to work around problems. You place an importance on the details and can manage your time across many projects.
What you’ll need:
- Minimum of 4 years of experience managing QA of projects in an agency or consulting environment and working with deployment teams and a minimum of 2 years of managing people.
- Experience in both content and data testing.
- Prior experience with Litmus and Email on Acid.
- Experience working on marketing automation and cross channel campaign management software such as Selligent, MessageGears and Zeta.
- Hands on knowledge of direct/web-based marketing campaigns and customer data and analytics.
- Knowledge of segmentation and deployment services and digital marketing.
- Knowledge of lead scoring and lead life cycle.
- Should have working knowledge about smart campaigns, smart list targeting, scheduling, and setting up process flows.
- Competency with Adobe Creative Cloud.
- Test plan formulation, creating test design specs, test matrixes.
- Knowledge of tagging and Bitly.
- Understanding of campaign management life cycle and execution process flow.
- Strong knowledge of defect tracking, reporting and triaging with modern tools (TFS, DevOps, Spira, Jira).
- Experience working with common project management tools such as Smartsheet, Jira, Confluence, Microsoft Project, Slack, Workfront and Microsoft Teams.
What we offer:
- Passionate, driven people | We champion a culture of people that do extraordinary work.
- Consciously cultivated culture | We aim to embody the behaviors to build an inclusive community that is in it together, bringing both positivity and active listening into the workplace as we simultaneously strive to empower creative bravery.
- Competitive benefits | What we offer full time hires ranges from the full spectrum of group health coverage options (medical, dental, vision) to a generous 401k match (100% dollar-for-dollar match, up to 5% of salary contribution), and a variety of paid time off offerings that reflect our investment in all aspects of your overall life balance and wellness.
- Growth-minded opportunities | We aim to nurture a culture of real-time feedback, growth-oriented mindset, and plenty of training opportunities through Wunderman Thompson and WPP, so you can continue to grow personally and professionally.
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.