Location: Atlanta, GA, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson is seeking a UX Designer with a visual UI focus, dedicated to one of our most established brands to concept and collaborate on a variety of new product design and service opportunities. You understand human-centered design and how to craft experiences that are desirable, viable and feasible. You are obsessed with both form and function and an advocate for the end user. You care about visual systems and understand how the details of user interface fit into a broader digital ecosystem and other brand touchpoints.
Wunderman Thompson’s Product Design team is first and foremost a collaborative discipline, partnering with the strategy, data, creative, tech and client teams. We create innovative experiences and design beautiful products, services, interfaces, and interactive communications that make a measurable impact on humans and for our clients’ businesses.
To succeed in this role, you must be able to look at the ask through a broader lens, ensuring that the vision remains intact on every aspect of a project. You should be an advocate for the user, have a passion for experiences that connect physical and digital worlds, and continually push, disrupt, challenge, and innovate ensuring that we’re doing the best work to drive the best results for our clients.
To be considered, you must submit an online portfolio or PDF of your work. This is a remote start opportunity with option for hybrid in-office working capability. Our office is currently operating in a remote capacity.
What you’ll do:
- Craft | Work through the entire design process from concept to implementation, designing and helping guide the creation of detailed client-facing experience deliverables and specifications. Your focus will be on the system, visual language, and product with minor supervision. Create inspiring products and artifacts such as: high fidelity designs, rapid clickable prototypes, style guides and design systems. Support the completion and creation of user research, feature sets, customer journeys, information architecture, and usability testing.
- Collaborate | You’ll work closely and iteratively with both clients and internal, multi-disciplinary teams including Product Strategists, Content Strategists, Service Designers, Project Managers, Data Specialists, and Technologists, facilitating experience workshops. Define experience design foundation and building-blocks that helps the team conceptualize what’s possible through compelling solutions and prototypes.
- Partner | Provide sound design and strategic advice as a trusted client partner. Identify growth opportunities on a project or account. Drive pitches and business development. Assist with recruitment efforts including screening portfolios and interviewing.
Who you are:
- Systematic Creative Thinker | You’re a thoughtful, elegant problem solver that crafts inspiring and useable solutions rooted in a deep understanding and grasp of the human, technical and analytical side of creativity. You’re a whole-brain designer, innovative with an obsession for how the user, business, data, and disparate parts of a system work together to improve the way humans experience the digital and physical world.
- Curious & Detail-Obsessed | You’re passionate about delivering experiences that are more than just solving problems, and innately curious about understanding human motivations and needs. You enjoy curating the solution through rapid prototyping so that the integrity, consistency, and fidelity of the experience is delivered with a high-level of craft.
- Influencer & Communicator | You’re not only amazing at your craft, but you also know how to educate, persuade, and drive projects, inspiring both clients and collaborators. You have a demonstrated ability to synthesize and present your work to client and internal audiences of all backgrounds.
What you’ll need:
- 3-5 years of experience specializing in UX design across multiple platforms. Product design experience, specifically within Web and Mobile Applications is a plus but not required.
- Ideally worked in a progressive, creatively-driven agency environment that has embraced digitally-led thinking and XS/XD principles as part of the core creative process.
- Knowledge of design applications such as Figma, Sketch, InVision Adobe Creative Suite and prototyping software for generating design.
- Familiarity and experience working with WCAG 2.1 A/AA standards as well as ADA compliance.
- Experience creating, using, and managing detailed digital design systems for products and ecosystems.
- Ability to articulate design decisions and express ideas clearly and confidently to clients.
- Strong conceptual thinking, as well as a solid understanding of designing intuitive functionality, interactions, architectures, usability principles and clickable prototypes.
- Ability to look across projects holistically with the ability to understand customer needs, motivations and behaviors, and business goals, and translate them into actionable deliverables.
- Strong collaboration skills demonstrated internally and with client.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.