Senior Data Strategist (CRM).
Senior Data Strategist (CRM).
Department: Data & Analytics
Location: London, United Kingdom
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
As a Senior Data Strategist you will be an ambassador for data planning and insights, informing business decisions across our clients at Wunderman Thompson. You will work with a combination of marketing clients, data clients and colleagues from across the agency to develop and deliver data planning & insight activities centred on CRM targeting, measurement and optimisation across multiple on and offline channels.
You should be a self-starter, full of enthusiasm and highly collaborative. You’ll be the ‘glue’ integrating data and analytics with broader marketing strategy to develop connected data-inspired CRM and digital activity. Collaboration is key to this role - you’ll be working closely with analysts, strategists, account and campaign delivery teams as well as multiple client stakeholders and external agency partners.
The person will be coming in to work as a part of a global team in relation to CRM campaign and data planning, including the development of CRM audiences, communications frameworks and contact strategies. This individual would play a key part in driving testing plans and developing measurement frameworks.
What you’ll be doing
- •Building relationships with client stakeholders and internal Wunderman Thompson teams to promote, develop and manage data planning and analysis deliverables:
- Data discovery and analysis projects to develop insights to inform strategy and drive targeting
- Lead clients by developing data strategies and roadmaps to propel client marketing activities forward across all channels (on and offline)
- Define frameworks to measure marketing effectiveness, set KPIs, benchmarks, targets and forecast to support business cases
- Define and set-up reporting and analysis processes and deliverables that meet client objectives
- Develop campaign targeting plans and briefs to internal or 3rd party campaign delivery teams
- Measure, evaluate and optimise marketing activity using best practice testing methodologies where necessary
- Create and present strategies, plans and performance overviews to internal stakeholders and client teams
- Drive strategy across all channels and touch points moving from email, push and SMS channels to a connected communications plan encompassing digital media including social, mobile and website.
- Be the clients’ trusted advisor on all things data and make it easy for clients to make business decisions – based on data insight.
• Present frequently to clients and attend client meetings, sometimes at client locations.
Who we’re looking for
- Strategic thinker with good knowledge of CRM and digital marketing with a passion for influencing consumer journeys (irrespective of channel)
- Experience in a data function, preferably within an agency environment or similar
- Excellent communication, organisational and presentation skills
- Able to explain the technical details of data and analytics to non-technical people outside the discipline
- High level of numeracy and analysis skills
- Advanced Excel
- Experience of writing proposals (Analytics & Strategic)
Nice to have but not essential:
- CRM ops experience (Adobe Campaign, SFMC)
- Data visualisation tools & BI reporting (e.g. Power BI, Tableau)
- Website analytics & personalisation/testing tools (e.g. Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics & Target)
- Research tools (e.g. TGI, YouGov, GWI, Google Trends)
- Social analytics tools (e.g. Crimson hexagon, Netbase, Sysomos, Radian 6, Quid, Similarweb)
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.