Senior Strategist (CRM + Remote Option)
Senior Strategist (CRM + Remote Option)
Location: Seattle, WA, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
An important note on location and REMOTE options: While this role is part of our Seattle team, work can be done remotely for qualified U.S. based candidates. Due to client considerations and workflow reasons, candidates must be able to accommodate PST work hours as needed and without issue. Thank you!
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson is seeking a Senior Strategist with experience on CRM projects and quantitative brand research. This person will be responsible for driving user-centered strategic planning on a well known consumer brand. The right person will have experience in the General Market and an interest in the Hispanic Market. (Estimated focus of projects will be 70% general market and 30% targeted marketing to the Hispanic/LatinX community.) We are seeking someone familiar with brand research to include quantitative insights.
You are skilled and a highly proficient expert in user-centered strategy and insight-driven design. You’re someone who can synthesize and translate abstract and complex concepts and content into simple, innovative solutions that frame clear opportunities to build strong omnichannel customer experiences. You don’t just develop experiences for single channel, you look at all the customer touchpoints and define the optimal experiences as customers move across our client’s sites, apps and CRM communication touchpoints.
You’re a seasoned practitioner who can zoom in and out and thrives at the intersection of data, technology, and creativity. You enjoy pushing a vision and bringing it to life, getting your mind and hands in the details. You’re an empathetic champion of the customer, with an insatiable curiosity for their motivations and needs, fluent in the end-to-end customer journey. You flourish when thinking about the role of strategy in delivering world-class, omnichannel experiences across the customer journey lifecycle that drives your clients’ business.
You have an ability to look at a situation, deconstruct it, and devise a way to make it better. You’re a restless futurist, inspired by brand and business innovation and emerging technologies, while remaining keenly focused on solving the needs of today’s brands.
What you’ll do:
- Define | Work directly with clients at the outset of an assignment to define (or redefine) the right opportunity and the right problem to solve. Present directly to clients, gaining their trust by telling a concise and compelling story to explain our strategies and approach.
- Uncover | Provide analysis and artifacts to help devise world-class insights that contribute to thoughtful and potentially disruptive strategies. Constantly separate signals from noise in a large quantity of information and rapidly distill it for key stakeholders and creators. Share perspectives and recommendations clearly and persuasively (both orally and in written form), demonstrating a strong storytelling capability.
- Innovate | Develop deliverables such as research plans and analysis, briefs, customer journeys, roadmaps, and participating in workshops. You’ll provide strategic inputs throughout the creation of the ideal customer experience – from vision and conception to launch and optimization.
- Collaborate | You’ll serve as a subject-matter expert in all things experience strategy and help lead both clients and peers alike to help think about opportunities that solve business challenges, while meeting brand and customer needs. You’ll work closely with a multi-disciplinary group of Content Strategists, Brand Strategists, Designers, Project Managers, Account Teams, and Technologists, demonstrating and inspiring by showing your knowledge of your craft.
Who you are:
- Systematically Creative Thinker | You’re an analytical and technically-minded problem solver with a brain for logic, data, and patterns. Best yet, you know how to call on both the analytical and creative sides of your brain to help find that perfect balance that changes the way humans experience the digital world.
- Detail-Driven Craftsperson | You know how to create artifacts and deliverables that provide perspective, inspire innovation, and drive decisions and outcomes. You are most motivated when you’re able to dig into the details. You’re also able to uncover, synthesize, and explain the complex in a clear, simple, and actionable way.
- Relentlessly Curious | An avid reader and thinker. Always on the hunt for new information to form hypotheses and reinforce agency recommendations with compelling data, perspectives and evidence.
- Optimistic and resilient | Digs in and figures out how to work around problems. Takes care of self and team. Maintains stamina and positivity. Comfortable being flexible in figuring out unique ways to solve problems.
- Ego-less | We all wear the hats that need wearing- it’s a mentality that makes the team successful.
What you’ll need:
- Minimum 5 years of experience in an integrated or digital agency or consultancy.
- Experience with CRM projects and quantitative brand research.
- Experience working in a progressive, creatively driven agency environment that has embraced digitally led thinking, experience strategy and design principles as part of the core creative process.
- Proven track record creating Strategy artifacts for multichannel customer experiences including website builds, redesigns, platform builds and brand integrations, like customer journeys, on-boarding strategic approach, archetypes, experience briefs, strategic POVs, and research plans.
- Experience working on multiple work streams with a familiarity and comfort working within an agile environment.
- Experience in executing research initiatives to gather additional content focused requirements.
- A diverse portfolio of work that demonstrates your approach to digital and account strategy and how it was applied to influence the creation of user-centered customer experiences.
- Experience working in telecom or high-tech/online services is a plus.
- Multicultural experience a valued plus.
- Able to fly at multiple altitudes, excelling at high-level experience strategy work and the nitty-gritty of strategic implementation.
- Track record of working in collaborative, deadline-driven environments, while navigating the demands to structure and process.
What we offer:
- Passionate, driven people | We champion a culture of people that do extraordinary work.
- Consciously cultivated culture | We aim to embody the behaviors to build an inclusive community that is in it together, bringing both positivity and active listening into the workplace as we simultaneously strive to empower creative bravery.
- Competitive benefits | What we offer full time hires ranges from the full spectrum of group health coverage options (medical, dental, vision) to a generous 401k match (100% dollar-for-dollar match, up to 5% of salary contribution), and a variety of paid time off offerings that reflect our investment in all aspects of your overall life balance and wellness.
- Growth-minded opportunities | We aim to nurture a culture of real-time feedback, growth-oriented mindset, and plenty of training opportunities through Wunderman Thompson and WPP, so you can continue to grow personally and professionally.
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.