International Business Unit Director
International Business Unit Director
Department: Client Services
Expertise: B2B, Commerce, Communications, CRM
Location: Antwerpen, Belgium
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
You lead and grow the accounts in your business unit. You direct a multi-functional team with gravitas, consult with a complex and senior stakeholder set and champion work which stretches creative boundaries.
Someone who can show experience of managing clients and leading work across all thing's customer. From creative comms to CRM to experience marketing, you’ll be able to consult with clients on the best way to achieve their goals and create fantastic relationships which lead to mutual success. Working collaboratively across all parts of our business, you will be responsible for supporting a dynamic mix of high-impact, strategic projects and initiatives, alongside day-to-day delivery. You’ll inspire, develop, lead and evolve a multi-functional team from the agency’s resource to deliver market-leading work.
Playing a lead role in developing the accounts and addressing some of our biggest opportunities and threats, you will already have proven skills as a business leader and be able to build on them along the way.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Communicating with clients daily on project specifics but also on wider topics such as consumer trends or potential opportunities to increase the impact of their marketing efforts.
- Increase our footprint with key stakeholders to build on our immediate relationships and ensure that WT-capabilities are well known throughout the client business.
- Constantly drive the creative innovation of our work to deliver customer and business impact.
- Use experience, industry and strategic understanding to influence clients to create work which drives theirs and the agency’s reputation for great creative.
- Review commercial, strategic and creative deliverables to increase their impact and drive relevance to client and increase the velocity of projects.
- Maintaining a very clear and transparent line of communication on strategic updates from the client into the business to ensure that strategy and creative aligns to the ever-moving priorities.
- Partner with senior strategists to constantly evaluate incoming briefs to find the best solution and to create a relationship with clients that allows us to create work with a long-term strategic value.
- Owning the overall opportunity, revenue and margin reporting to the business on a monthly basis.
- Proactively creating opportunities to show the breadth of additional services provided by WT as well as the depth of thinking on key consumer trends which will affect the client’s marketing.
- Bond and develop the account team as a unit which will support the relationship as well as evolving the skills required to drive projects across the breadth of the client’s briefs.
- Looking for opportunities to showcase work within the agency on relevant occasions ensuring that the account is viewed as a place to make the best work of your career.
Who you are
- Experienced at driving complex projects across a myriad of physical and digital channels.
- A believer in the value of great creative to deliver exceptional results
- Someone with a track-record of managing and growing sizeable accounts within a large agency environment.
- Experienced at building relationships with clients from Junior to C-suite and dealing with the different and complex personalities involved.
- Someone who can unify groups from across a wide skill-set behind a clear brief or goal and deliver excellent work for clients.
- Can engage people with their presentation skills but also show excellent active listening to create clear actions which meet client needs.
- Has vision, inspiring future direction of account. Can see and articulate how a strategy and/or an idea works against broader client, agency and industry context and goals.
- Articulates business cases for business development and able to translate to action plans to deliver change management plans where necessary.
- And finally, a person with a love for customers, and what drives them, allowing them to own and drive great work from the perspective of not only the brand but the consumer too.
- Native English or similar proficiency.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.