Regional Program Manager
Regional Program Manager
Department: Project Management & Delivery
Location: Boston, MA, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
WT MSC is the marketing services & digital production division of Wunderman Thompson. WT MSC offers brands 'modern and smart' production mixing content and technology with integrated analytics to increase agility; reduce costs and faster time-to-market.
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson MSC is currently seeking a Regional Program Manager with a background in Marketing operations and systems management who will be based in either remotely or in one of our Texas, New York, New Jersey or Boston regional offices. This role will report to the Chief Technology Officer, North America. The Regional Program Manager will oversee the global management, deployment, adoption and training for our state-of-the-art Marketing Operations Management (MOM) Tools. The key areas involved are scope of work creation, development and engagement, marketing workflow, process management, asset and content management, oversight of systems training and the ability to troubleshoot complex enterprise solutions. This role will serve as a highly visible point of contact for the project and will work with clients, agency staff, the Production Director, the CTO, internal and external Project Managers, vendors, and with other Program Managers worldwide to plan and deliver training, enhancement requests, manage communications and troubleshooting.
This will be a hybrid role working across project management, technical delivery, client management and the SDLC. The ideal candidate must be a consensus builder, empathetic, and articulate with a passion for emerging technical trends and identifying new ways to “move the needle” for our clients.
What you’ll do:
- Review and adapt marketing production workflow in collaboration with local process owners and Program Managers.
- Understands the features and capabilities of the marketing operations management application and the marketing business process to communicate and enforce the most efficient use of the application.
- Develops successful partnerships with key stakeholders (client, process owners, CTO, product owners, production managers, regional program managers and agency staff).
- Provides training and 3rd level support to client and agency users.
- Ensures timely and appropriate response to inquiries and escalations with all relevant stakeholders.
- Effectively collaborates across all stakeholder groups and facilitates discussions on how to solve different challenges by either identifying workarounds, suggesting possible changes to process or submitting requests for enhancements.
- Exercises initiative and creativity in the improvement, development, and implementation of enhancements to the application.
- Coordinates and collaborates with IT resources and customers to effectively negotiate realistic strategic goals.
- Understands the balance necessary between regional needs and global strategic needs.
What you’ll need:
- Positive personality with ability to see solutions.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of information technology concepts and practices.
- Industry trends involving information technology; and principles of change, problem, and asset management.
- Ability to manage one or more projects simultaneously.
- Develop and maintain good interpersonal skills regarding teamwork, cooperation, motivation, and listening.
- Explain complicated and technical information in simple, non-technical language both verbally and in writing.
- Logically analyze and synthesize complex process designs to develop satisfactory process solutions.
- Any combination of training, education, and experience equivalent to graduation from an accredited college or university with at least a bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Project Management, Marketing, Technology or a related field.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience of marketing/advertising account management or project management experience.
- Good understanding of process, tools and marketing operations structures in complex organizations.
- Experience with technical and digital project management is highly desirable.
- Experience with Jira and/or Workfront (or a related system) is essential.
- Knowledge with enterprise-wide systems configurations, upgrades, launches and change management is extremely helpful.
What we offer:
- Passionate, driven people | We champion a culture of people that do extraordinary work.
- Consciously cultivated culture | We aim to embody the behaviors to build an inclusive community that is in it together, bringing both positivity and active listening into the workplace as we simultaneously strive to empower creative bravery.
- Competitive benefits | What we offer full time hires ranges from the full spectrum of group health coverage options (medical, dental, vision) to a generous 401k match (100% dollar-for-dollar match, up to 5% of salary contribution), and a variety of paid time off offerings that reflect our investment in all aspects of your overall life balance and wellness.
- Growth-minded opportunities | We aim to nurture a culture of real-time feedback, growth-oriented mindset, and plenty of training opportunities through Wunderman Thompson and WPP, so you can continue to grow personally and professionally.
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.