Business Consultant - Data
Business Consultant - Data
Department: Data & Analytics
Location: London, United Kingdom
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Who we are:
Wunderman Thompson Data transforms marketing for the largest global brands, focusing on the orchestration of marketing data. We are digital and data natives, with technology in our DNA. We have always understood the impact that data and technology has on brands. As strategic marketing data and technical specialists with deep domain expertise, Wunderman Thompson Data orchestrates technology, data, processes, and teams to solve the marketing challenges facing our clients. Operating at the intersection of data, technology and strategy, consumer engagement and insights, we bring the possible to life. Since our inception in 1999 we have established a reputation in accelerating business value through the transformation of marketing.
The ideal candidate will have considerable experience architecting and transforming marketing infrastructure: in particular marketing operations, as well as recent experience defining customer data strategies for the personalisation of customer engagement across all digital channels and the assessment of marketing performance.
They will have several years consulting experience, advising senior level clients on the use of data in marketing, and on marketing operations and change management, They will have a good understanding of and experience with different marketing technology solutions. They will be able to instill confidence and clearly articulate complex ideas, structuring recommendations around business needs and value and producing high quality written deliverables. The ideal candidate will understand that technology and data transformation serves a wider business need, and that sustained transformation requires a change in culture and operations.
Candidates will have worked on multi-workstream consulting programs and will thrive on finding solutions to complex marketing challenges. They will enjoy working collaboratively with colleagues and clients. They will be curious, quick to absorb information, happy to immerse themselves in new industries and always stay informed about martech and data vendors and their products. While the role is senior, we need an individual who is not afraid to get their hands dirty.
What you’ll be doing:
1.1 Client Engagements
Act as lead consultant on client engagements, including engagements which involve multiple WPP teams and/or multiple suppliers
- Shape the programme vision, goals and deliverables, tailored to client business goals and value
- Oversee consultants and analysts work to ensure responsibilities are clear, deliverables are high quality, and clients are satisfied
- Work collaboratively with teams across the WT network to deliver excellent quality advice and identify future opportunities.
- Lead client meetings, and plan and execute workshops, and oversee meeting preparation for junior consultants where required.
- Deliver client work. Deliverables can include but are not limited to marketing, marketing transformation and marketing data strategies, business cases, measurement frameworks, maturity models, organisation architecture, business processes, transformation and change management plans and artefacts, procurement plans and RFPs, business requirements, stakeholder interview plans and analysis, and reviews of technical and data architecture.
- Work on multiple client projects in parallel where this is necessary.
1.2 Client relations
Establish rapport with clients – stakeholders at all levels of the client business.
Identify client challenges and develop solutions which are bespoke to the client’s need but make use of WTD’s consulting frameworks where appropriate.
With the Project Manager and Client Lead, manage issues which emerge during the course of engagements such as client dissatisfaction and project delays.
1.3 New Business
Act as lead consultant on new business work such as RFP responses, pitches, and client proposals.
- Co-develop the response story or solution, bespoke to the client’s challenge and considering the capabilities of WTD and the wider WT offering.
- Produce RFP and pitch collateral.
- Lead or present in pitches.
- Work with the Project Manager and Client Lead to define deliverables and activities and estimate project resources and timelines.
1.4 Internal promotion of WTD
Actively develop a robust network across WT, using client engagements, SME communities, training programmes and other initiatives to grow contacts.
Represents WTD and explain our capabilities within WT and WPP – e.g. delivering presentations, authoring articles, and participating in podcasts.
Use available training time to deepen knowledge of industries, technologies, consumer trends and consultancy techniques and share knowledge across the team.
1.6 Proposition development
Contribute to the development of the WTD consulting propositions, identifying potential new propositions, developing consulting artefacts, training colleagues, co-developing marketing materials with the marketing department, and launching the proposition within WT and WPP.
Work with colleagues across WT to strengthen our consulting arm through collaboration, knowledge sharing and adhoc work on other initiatives as they arise.
1.7 Team role
Play an active role in the consulting team, in particular mentoring (informally or formally) junior consultants.
Identify and develop new consulting deliverables/artefacts that could be of use in future client engagements.
Who you are:
The ideal candidate will have considerable experience architecting and implementing customer data solutions (cloud platforms, CDPs, ID resolution), as well as recent experience activating customer data through martech solutions (across automation, decisioning, and experience layers). They will have experience managing small project teams – in particular, guiding decision making and overseeing the quality of deliverables. They will have several years consulting experience, advising senior level clients on technology and data solutions (often bringing CMOs and CTO to a common strategy), instilling confidence and clearly articulating complex ideas, structuring recommendations around business needs and value, and producing high quality written deliverables. The ideal candidate will also understand that technology and data transformation serves a wider business need, and that sustained transformation also requires a change in culture and operations.
Candidates will have worked on multi-workstream programs and will thrive on finding solutions to complex marketing challenges. They will enjoy working collaboratively with colleagues and clients. They will be curious, quick to absorb information, happy to immerse themselves in new industries and always stay informed about martech and data vendors and their products. While the role is senior, we need an individual who has worked in the subject matter and is not afraid to get their hands dirty.
- A builder | Entrepreneurial attitude couple with a strong business acumen. Ability and appetite to bring people together. Innate ability to marshal people and create gravity around ideas.
- Open and collaborative | Our team is close-knit and supportive and we’re working with a lot of unknowns – you must champion team environments that are comfortable and encouraging.
- Optimistic and resilient | Dig in and figure out how to work around problems. Yes and why not posture. Takes care of self and team. Balance needed to maintain stamina and positivity.
- Ego-less | We all wear the hats that need wearing, it’s a mentality that makes the team successful.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Excellent written and numeracy skills, and a confident presenter.
- 5 - 7 years’ experience in business or marketing consulting and/or leading large-scale marketing transformation projects.
- Strong understanding of the marketing business, specifically digital marketing and advertising and the commercial, marketing and political realities of large organisations, especially multi-nationals.
- Experience working in two or more industries either client side or as a consultant.
- Strong operational understanding of campaign planning, journey design, customer insight, channel management, optimisation and performance analytics.
What we can offer you:
We don't settle for people who can just do the job, we look for people that go beyond that and always push our thinking to be better than yesterday. We believe that this is what makes our agency a great place to be – a space where you’re never far away from the best minds to learn from.
We want you to be comfortable and proud every day of the week and have created an open and inclusive environment where you can bring your whole self to work. We don’t want you to just fit into our culture, we want your uniqueness and diversity of background to add to it and make this an agency where we all have a real sense of belonging and purpose. We are a community.
We have a number of programmes and initiatives designed to support your career and wellbeing. There are exciting knowledge sharing programmes delivered through lunch and learn sessions, cultural opportunities through our exchange programme, and you can have an impact on the wider community through one of our charity initiatives. Your career development is important to us and should you ever choose to move on from Wunderman Thompson, we want you to be better than when you joined us. YOU Time will provide you with the framework and support needed to reach your career aspirations, supported by a range of learning options for every type of learning style. Your mind, body and soul are also taken care of through our varied wellness programmes but we like to have some fun here too, so you could get involved in our culture club, find love through Wunder Dating or if you’re the chosen one, take a spin on our Wheel of Wunder!
There really is no shortage of opportunities here for the right person that is prepared to roll their sleeves up, get involved and collaborate with those around them to deliver the best work for our clients and our agency.
Wunderman Thompson is proud to be a WPP agency. Headquartered in New York, we have a truly global reach with over 20,000 people in 90 markets. For more information, please visit our website and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter.
Wunderman Thompson is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and to attracting and retaining the most qualified employees regardless of race, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, age or disability. We rely on legitimate interest as a legal basis for processing personal information under the GDPR for purposes of recruitment and applications for employment.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.