Associate Director of Strategy
Associate Director of Strategy
Location: Los Angeles, CA, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson is seeking an Associate Director, Strategy to play a critical role on a Technology brand account. This is an exciting opportunity to build and shape the brand, handcraft both B2B and B2C strategies, lead the development and growth of the brand community, and partner with creative teams to build meaningful experiences and activations.
You enjoy working with cross-functional teams to bring fully integrated, multi-channel campaigns to life. You have a passion for and experience in leveraging social channels to build brand engagement and advocacy. You are comfortable with a wide array of marketing concepts, channels, and executions.
You have an innate curiosity and drive to find compelling new ways and channels to engage consumers and are constantly searching for new ways of constructing effective and inspiring strategies and creative.
***An important NOTE on location and REMOTE options:
While this role is based out of our Los Angeles office, work can be done remotely for strong qualified candidates, but have to be local due to client considerations and location.
Candidates local to Los Angeles will ideally be aligned with a hybrid work model that combines working remotely from home and working on-site in our Los Angeles office. This approach allows us to offer the flexibility of remote work on some days, while also offering the opportunity for the in-person collaboration that many of our team members have missed. Thank you!
What you’ll do:
- Client | Partner with Account Leadership to oversee the translation of our clients’ vision into strategies that will achieve client goals, while generating work that is creatively brilliant, measurable and has impact. You’ll be the strategy lead for all day-to-day client communications across multiple teams.
- Thought Leadership | Using your experience and knowledge to inspire and motivate the team.
- Thinker | Perform strategic and creative thinking to create innovative solutions across multiple channels.
- Researcher | Proactively research information as it pertains to your projects. Maintain awareness of competitor projects in the marketplace.
- Craft | Juggle many projects and campaigns simultaneously. Conceptualize new campaign ideas and tactics based on established brand voice and tone.
- Channel Expert | Provide strategic guidance on emerging media channels and platforms. Well versed in 1:1 channels (social, brand communities, web, email, direct mail, etc.).
- Data Obsessed | A passion for using data to better understand and reach audiences, and to learn and optimize over time.
Who you are:
- A business builder | Entrepreneurial attitude couple with a strong business acumen. Ability and appetite to bring people together. Innate ability to marshal people and create gravity around ideas.
- Open and collaborative | Our team is close-knit and supportive and we’re working with a lot of unknowns – you must champion of team environments that are comfortable and encouraging.
- Optimistic and resilient | Dig in and figure out how to work around problems. Yes and why not posture. Takes care of self and team. Balance needed to maintain stamina and positivity.
- Ego-less | We all wear the hats that need wearing, it’s a mentality that makes the team successful.
What you’ll need:
- Minimum of 5 years of marketing strategy experience within an ad agency environment
- Experience working with clients in Technology, an ingredient-brand, or other tech-adjacent industries required.
- Experience translating technical, challenging concepts to simple briefs and consumer-facing strategies.
- Experience with marketing for Fortune 500 brands is required.
- Proven track record of success across brand strategy, campaign planning, leading integrated agency teams, and developing multi-channel go-to-market plans.
- Experience partnering closely with cross-functional Creative, User Experience, Account, and Analytics teams.
- Experience with brand communities and tactics for engagement and growth.
- Experience in nuanced, multi-agency marketing teams and excel at collaborating with partners.
- Comfortable running a strategy project through client intake, research, strategy development, creative collaboration, executional briefs, and crafting a performance story from analytics and data.
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
#LI-EZ1Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.
Note: We rely on legitimate interest as a legal basis for processing personal information under the GDPR for purposes of recruitment and applications for employment.