Senior Paid Social Media Manager (Remote)
Senior Paid Social Media Manager (Remote)
Department: Media Services
Location: Seattle, WA, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
***An important note on location and REMOTE options: While this role is part of our Seattle team, work can be done remotely for qualified candidates. Due to client considerations and workflow reasons, however, candidates who are local to either the U.S. Pacific or Mountain time zones are most preferred. Candidates in other time zones can be considered so long as ability to work West Coast hours as needed would not be an issue. Thank you!
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson is seeking a Senior Paid Social Media Manager to work on a very fun client with our Seattle team! In this role, you will be responsible for planning, executing, and managing paid social media across multiple platforms for all initiatives - Brand, Product, and Evergreen. You will develop paid social recommendations for brand and product campaign initiatives that align with both client and campaign objectives, including boosted organic social and paid prospecting efforts as they relate to the client’s editorial calendar. You will create campaign measurement plans in partnership with the broader Media, Creative and Data Strategy teams, track all paid social campaigns on a daily and weekly basis, and own paid social media optimization recommendations. You are the voice of the brand, and will oversee the execution of all paid social media campaigns.
The Senior Paid Social Media Manager reports to the Associate Media Director, and helps train and coach assistant planners on the team to also support paid social efforts.
What you’ll do:
- Develop | Partner with the Media Strategy team to incorporate paid social into multi-channel media plans. Make recommendations for specific platforms, units/unit types, targeting strategies, impression volumes, and investment levels. Work closely with Creative Strategy throughout the social creative brief and editorial calendar development process, ensuring alignment to other paid social efforts. Develop and distribute creative specs, and participate in Q&A with Creative & Production teams.
- Collaborate | Engage in and lead client meetings, briefing meetings and campaign kick-offs. Build direct relationships across internal agency disciplines and with clients. Contribute to a positive atmosphere and build relationships within assigned client teams and the broader Media Strategy team.
- Execute | Manage paid social media campaigns, including platform set-up that aligns with media plans, targeting strategies and objectives. Track and adhere to all timelines and deadlines for overlapping workstreams.
- Optimize | Own monthly and quarterly paid social performance reporting (performance analysis, insights and recommendations). Set KPIs and benchmarks for all paid social. Develop test and learn plans (A/B testing). Perform campaign analysis directly relevant to optimization and/or planning and buying decisions, in partnership with the Data Strategy team.
- Best practices | Keep up on the most current best practices and changes across all social platforms. Exhibit thought leadership within the agency and in the industry, bringing points of view on current issues affecting our clients. Maintain appropriate social certifications
Who you are:
- A self-starter | You are a highly strategic, detail-oriented self-starting advertising professional who uses data to inform their decisions. You are able to prioritize tasks, manage time, and work collaboratively across Strategy, Creative, Account and Media teams.
- A strong communicator | You can effectively communicate with all members of the team and collaborate with industry professionals via social media to create a strong network.
- Fast-paced | You thrive in fast paced situations and can make quick judgment calls based on best practices, brand objectives, and insights.
- Ego-less | We all wear the hats that need wearing- it’s a mentality that makes the team successful.
What you’ll need:
- A minimum of 3 years of experience working in paid social media, most preferably in an advertising agency setting.
- Hands-on platform experience in multiple social platforms. Experience with Facebook and Instagram is required. Experience with Twitter, TikTok, Linked-In, Pinterest, Snapchat, YouTube, and Reddit is preferred.
- Blueprint certification.
- An innate passion and curiosity about the ever-changing landscape of social media.
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced advertising agency environment.
- A demonstrated ability to solve problems and inform decisions based on data and historical experience/knowledge.
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
What we offer:
- Passionate, driven people | We champion a culture of people that do extraordinary work.
- Consciously cultivated culture | We aim to embody the behaviors to build an inclusive community that is in it together, bringing both positivity and active listening into the workplace as we simultaneously strive to empower creative bravery.
- Competitive benefits | What we offer full time hires ranges from the full spectrum of group health coverage options (medical, dental, vision) to a generous 401k match (100% dollar-for-dollar match, up to 5% of salary contribution), and a variety of paid time off offerings that reflect our investment in all aspects of your overall life balance and wellness.
- Growth-minded opportunities | We aim to nurture a culture of real-time feedback, growth-oriented mindset, and plenty of training opportunities through Wunderman Thompson and WPP, so you can continue to grow personally and professionally.
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal. #LI-EZ1
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.