EMEA Lead Trends Consultant
EMEA Lead Trends Consultant
Location: London, United Kingdom
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
What we're looking for:
We are looking for a Trends Lead to help develop our original global future trends content, translate these ideas for our clients, and drive engagement and uptake among our Top 30 Global clients and prospects. A key part of the role will be building our external reputation as the global voice for future trends.
Why join the Wunderman Thompson Intelligence team:
You’ll be part of a small but dynamic global team producing highly acclaimed future trends thinking. From the metaverse to moonshots, you’ll be ideating trends on everything from tech, to lifestyle, to social movements to culture and spinning them into powerful narratives for our clients. Plus, you get to join a passionate, supportive and close-knit team. We may work hard but we make sure we laugh every day.
What you’ll be doing:
- Drive the development & publishing of original future trends content, generating original ideas and helping to project manage from conception to launch
- Write original futures content for our trend reports and our editorial site
- Develop & present trend narratives to clients & prospects and at conferences
- Drive new business opportunities for the team, writing proposals and pitching to clients
- Contribute ideas on the creative vision for content
- Drive development of PR-able research/content assets
- Identify and drive external presentation and speaking opportunities for the team at global conferences and events
- Build a network of expert contacts – thought leaders, innovators, startups etc
- Liaise with Global Marketing/PR to drive press and social reach as well as amplify content throughout the agency
- Other duties as and when required by client/new business needs
Who you are:
- Curious: Awareness of trends and current events with the ability to spot newness. Be curious about innovation and societal shifts, connecting these insights to trends and stories.
- Open and collaborative: Our team is close-knit and supportive.
- Optimistic and resilient: Dig in and figure out how to work around problems. Yes and “why not” posture. Takes care of self and team. Balance needed to maintain stamina and positivity.
- Ego-less: We all wear the hats that need wearing, it’s a mentality that makes the team successful
What you'll need:
- 5-7+ years of editorial experience at a publication, trends agency, or equivalent.
- A high level of spoken and written English.
- Outstanding portfolio showcasing your writing.
- To be considered for this role, you must submit an online portfolio or PDF of your latest writing.
- Some client-side or client-facing experience
- Ability to find, analyze and unpack a range of research—articulating these findings into informative insight.
- Ability to read and interpret data is a plus.
- Commercial experience welcome but not essential.
- Familiarity with market & trend research services (Mintel, Foresight Factory, The Future Lab, etc.)
- Experience with some commercial research services desirable (e.g. Nexis, TGI, YouGov)
- Interest/experience in design & technology
- A creative approach to presentation of data – experience of designing infographics/data visualisations would be useful
What you'll get from us:
No two days are the same, the scale and diversity of work keeps us energised and there is no shortage of new opportunity. In amongst this, we’re also always searching for ways to do things better, and how to grow our transformation and indeed, disruption, opportunities with clients.
The health and wellbeing of our employees is high on our agenda, so you’ll be able to join wellness activities such as weekly yoga and take advantage of our benefits including private health care, Employee Assistance Programme and cycle-to-work scheme.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.