Program Director (LA or Remote)
Program Director (LA or Remote)
Department: Project Management & Delivery
Location: Los Angeles, CA, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson is seeking a Program Director to lead delivery across a global account for one of the largest and most well-known social media platforms in the world. As Program Director you will be responsible for establishing planning and delivery processes, communication structures and deliverable excellence for large scale program of digital asset / content production projects of varying types. You will be responsible for leading and orchestrating collaboration between multi-national production teams across multiple markets and time zones.
You will work closely with the leadership team and your team of Project Managers to build strong client relationships based on a foundation of flawless project delivery, timely risk management and successful progress against the client’s strategic objectives. To this end, you will act as a liaison between client and team stakeholders to communicate status and manage expectations, troubleshoot challenges so that issues are pre-empted or resolved quickly, ensure team adherence to established processes and facilitate the tailoring of processes as appropriate.
***An important NOTE on location and REMOTE options:
While this role is based out of our Los Angeles office, work can be done remotely for strong qualified candidates. However, due to client considerations and workflow reasons only candidates who are local to the U.S. Pacific or Mountain time zones can be considered. Please only apply if you are local to these areas.
At this time the intention for candidates local to LA will be to choose between working remotely or opting for a hybrid work model that combines working from home and working on-site in our LA office (near the Playa Vista area.) Thank you!
What you’ll do:
- Manage | Monitor project plans, scope backlogs and roadmaps across the program with a keen eye on potential challenges and delays, proactively working to document, communicate and resolve issues as quickly as possible. Lead requirement gathering and scope definition/change activities; including monitoring ongoing work to ensure scope alignment. Lead new project kick-off activities and establish set-up and onboarding activities for clients and team members. Lead pricing and client budgeting and reporting activities. Oversee financial tasks and monitor project and program-level profitability against goals/standards.
- Partner | Manage workstreams and dependencies across multiple interagency teams and agency partners across the globe with ease - ensuring projects are scoped accurately and are delivered on time and on budget while retaining the highest quality. Participate in the constant refinement of processes and creation of new processes to ensure the efficacy of the team across a wide variety of digital asset / content production deliverables spanning end-to-end services from strategy, concepting, production, transcreation, translation, etc.
- Communicate | Maintain a holistic and systemic understanding of the agency workflow in order to assess and acquire resources needed to meet or exceed project objectives. Enforce and train project team on agency processes. Prepare status reports and lead client-facing status calls. Exhibit a positive, forward-facing attitude rooted in curiosity, collaboration, timely problem solving and learning from mistakes.
Who you are:
- Client Advocate | You fully represent and embed the client’s interest in the day-to-day operations of production. You work to establish operational and performance goals, and monitor performance to ensure we are meeting KPIs. You would be the escalation point for our clients in resolving issues while building multi-tier relationships.
- Leader | You enforce high standards for professionalism and model constructive problem-solving behaviors and attitudes for team members. You recognize potential conflicts, provide clear feedback and identify team needs around training, tools and resources.
- Knowledgeable | You possess a deep understanding of large-scale digital asset / content production processes, and a strong familiarity of the collaboration process, tools and success factors in working with global teams across multiple markets.
- Collaborator | You demonstrate excellent communication skills working closely with team members from multiple disciplines across multiple markets around the world. You execute efficient and organized meetings that are cross-functional, and can establish strong relationships across capabilities. You can manage the scheduling, quality, and completion of multiple projects in a high-volume, quick turnaround environment, and adhere to processes yet remain flexible enough to tailor as appropriate for each project.
What you’ll need:
- Minimum of 6 years of project and delivery management experience in the production space for advertising or marketing communications.
- Minimum of 4 years of hands-on experience managing digital asset / content production projects.
- Experience working in (preferably large) agencies on large global accounts with tiered structures – overseeing a team of Project Managers.
- An innate drive and self-motivation coupled with proven experience collaborating with multi-disciplinary teams (Strategy, Creative, Tech, PM/AM) across multiple offices around the globe.
- Proven track record in a client-service environment including presenting work and the ability to link people (team members and stakeholders), ideas, and information throughout the program.
- High EQ and the ability to read what a team needs to help motivate them & cultivate their careers.
- Proficiency in MS Office products, Google platforms, commonly used project management and collaboration tools.
What we offer:
- Passionate, driven people | We champion a culture of people that do extraordinary work.
- Consciously cultivated culture | We aim to embody the behaviors to build an inclusive community that is in it together, bringing both positivity and active listening into the workplace as we simultaneously strive to empower creative bravery.
- Competitive benefits | What we offer full time hires ranges from the full spectrum of group health coverage options (medical, dental, vision) to a generous 401k match (100% dollar-for-dollar match, up to 5% of salary contribution), and a variety of paid time off offerings that reflect our investment in all aspects of your overall life balance and wellness.
- Growth-minded opportunities | We aim to nurture a culture of real-time feedback, growth-oriented mindset, and plenty of training opportunities through Wunderman Thompson and WPP, so you can continue to grow personally and professionally.
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.