Senior Director, Payroll
Senior Director, Payroll
Location: New York, NY, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Who we are looking for:
The Senior Director, Payroll is responsible for leading and managing activities to strengthen the payroll team. This position leads all operational efforts, including payroll requirements, establishing workflows, documenting procedures, and communicating with key stakeholders. Ensures overall operational excellence of the payroll team, ensuring pay is processed on time, accurately, and in compliance with government regulations.
What you'll do:
- Planning & Project Management | Provides planning, project management, and functional expertise for the payroll team while ensuring efficient operations to meet business needs.
- Compliance | Directs compliance of payroll related internal controls and financial reporting, including evaluation of payroll processes to ensure strong internal controls and accurate reporting. Ensures internal policies and procedures follow federal, state, and local requirements.
- Collaboration | Collaborates with NA People Operations lead for processes intersecting between Workday and ADP.
- Proactive Assessment | Promotes proactive approaches of the payroll system and manages access to payroll data, including review and approval of security definitions and assignments.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Who you are:
- Strategic | Provides strategic leadership in collaboration with WPP ADP team for Workday system implementation and enhancements.
- Leadership | Leads strategic payroll initiatives including project management of acquisitions and pay group transfers.
- Relationship Manager | Serves as a liaison between key stakeholders and the payroll team members to clearly communicate payroll processes and facilitate delivery of payroll services.
- Effective Communicator | You are sensitive to your surroundings and know when to encourage and motivate people when needed.
- Establishes procedures to ensure all internal customers are assisted appropriately and in a timely manner to deliver excellent customer service.
- Ego-less | We all wear the hats that need wearing, it’s a mentality that makes the team successful.
What you'll need:
- Expert knowledge of payroll software working in a multi-state and multi-company environment. Experience with ADP EV5 preferred.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality with employee data and compensation information.
- Excellent project management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Experience with Workday preferred.
Wunderman Thompson is proud to be a WPP agency. Headquartered in New York, we have a truly global reach with over 20,000 people in 90 markets. For more information, please visit our website and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter.
Wunderman Thompson is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and to attracting and retaining the most qualified employees regardless of race, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, identity, age or disability. We rely on legitimate interest as a legal basis for processing personal information under the GDPR for purposes of recruitment and applications for employment.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.