Location: Atlanta, GA, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson is seeking a dynamic, forward thinking Business Manager of Talent Affairs to support the production team. We need an expert in Business Affairs & Union & Non-Union Talent who exudes creative organization and provides the highest level of customer service to our internal and external clients.
What you’ll do:
- Empower for Success | Collaborate with Creative teams and Producers to ensure the viability of creative concepts prior to client presentations or execution. Work with Producers to monitor overages and estimate actuals through close of job. Work with internal Finance from pre-bill through project completion. Create monthly accrual reports by Client for Finance. Proactively manage all account transition documentation. Providing Producers and Client teams with accurate estimates for talent session fees, usage, residuals, and all other talent and music related costs of production.
- Process | Create and issue appropriate job award documents, including production contracts, production insurance, and talent contracts/agreements. Review and assess scripts, rough cuts and final creative for risk or clearance concerns. Issue talent contracts and session reports.
- Own | Negotiate and oversee the creation of celebrity, Influencers, and overscale talent agreements. Review AICP, AICE, animation and Music bids with the Producer. Review final production estimate and caveats with Producer prior to submitting to Client for review and signature. Setup new vendors in the WT system. Create Client facing Estimates, Issue vendor Purchase Orders, and Process vendor invoices. Work with third party vendors to pay talent sessions, holding fees, usage and re-use fees in compliance with SAG/AFTRA/ACTRA and AFM guidelines. Manage all re-negotiations for talent and musicians.
- Reconcile and Audit | Review creative materials and advise Agency teams on talent, licensing, copyright and intellectual property issues and/or legal concerns. Manage intellectual property rights and clearance acquisitions. Review vendor agreements to ensure compliance with Client SOWs, MSAs, and industry standards. Consult legal counsel when necessary. Conduct Trademark searches for proposed branding, taglines, signage, design etc. Work with Agency legal counsel on issues including contracts, updating releases, contract templates, risk assessment and indemnifications. Advise agency teams and Clients on SAG/Union & Non-Union rules, regulations, and best practices. For Non-Union productions, issue talent agreements and foreign talent contracts.
Who you are:
- Big-Picture Thinker | A visionary with the ability and appetite to bring people together. Innate ability to marshal teams and create gravity around ideas.
- Agile | A jack of all trades equipped with a malleable, crafty scope of ability. A get-things-done attitude. An unparalleled drive of initiative. Strong knowledge of digital technology, social landscape, and current trends.
- Forecaster | Able to tackle deadlines and special projects with ease. Detail oriented individual highly attuned to organizational best practices. Operates and drives strong continuous improvement.
- A Problem Solver | Crafts carefully detailed written and oral communication to achieve results. Strong time management skills and multi-tasking ability. Willing to do whatever it takes to unblock teams and ensure success.
What you’ll need:
- 5+ years of experience in Business Affairs and Talent Services at an Advertising Agency or Brand.
- Experience in all aspects of production such as live action production, tabletop production, photography/stills/print, OOH, digital, social, experiential, user generated content, speculative executions, podcasts, and other areas of emerging content creation and media.
- Knowledge of music licensing, stock footage licensing and intellectual property licensing.
- Ability to summarize and clearly communicate complex advertising and clearance standards.
- Understanding of copyright, trademark, and network clearance procedures.
- Extensive knowledge of the Bidding process for production, post-production, & music.
- Knowledge of the SAG/AFTRA/AFM commercial contracts, advertising standards, and best practices.
- Ability to take initiative, think independently and exercise sound judgment in seeking advice of legal counsel or team members.
- An appreciation of how great work gets done and a commitment to making it happen.
Wunderman Thompson is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and to attracting and retaining the most qualified employees regardless of race, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, age or disability. We rely on legitimate interest as a legal basis for processing personal information under the GDPR for purposes of recruitment and applications for employment.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.