Department: Data & Analytics
Location: Minneapolis, MN, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Gain Theory (A Wunderman Thompson Company) is looking for a Manager to support our data efforts which includes a Datorama implementation for key clients in North America. The manager will be primarily client facing where they will oversee, manage, and [BS1] [AF2] maintain a large Datorama implementation. In addition, they will develop robust data management solutions required for Gain Theory to deliver our full analytical solutions to clients. This individual will be an innovative, problem-solving networker who is motivated to drive data initiatives within North America and globally.
The manager will need to collaborate with a diverse team of client leads, data engineers, analysts, designers, solution owners, and various COEs (centers of excellence) in a global matrix structure. Our teams bring together cutting-edge data engineering, advanced analytics, unified measurement products and enterprise scalable engineering to build products that will shape the next decade of faster, smarter, data informed decision-making. We believe consumer privacy, client confidentiality, brand growth and user experience are essential to performance.
- Responsible for managing all aspects of a large Datorama implementation with multiple workspaces
- Set up and manage data sources via API, UI-sourced emails (Total Connect) and templates, etc.
- Develop reports and output data via Datorama and Snowflake/SQL based on client needs
- Act as the main point of contact with agency client team to ensure requirements are being met
- Collaborate with the client team to identify, troubleshoot, and rectify issues
- Create and manage global and/or complex calculations
- ·Project management of all Datorama workstreams including managing timelines, identifying/mitigating known risks, communicating impact to downstream dependencies, etc.
Client Data Management
- Accountable for designing, delivering, and maintaining all aspects of the data management process for any assigned clients
- Identifying, building, and automating data collection solutions for various data sources including ad servers, social networks, DSPs, search engines, etc.
- Building relationships and owning communications with key data owners and contacts to ensure timely delivery of accurate, clean data
- Regularly meet with client leads to coordinate account planning and client project initiatives. This includes providing resource estimates and expected timing to ensure proper staffing
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, Marketing, Statistics, Computer Science, Information Science, Engineering, or related quantitative field
- In depth Datorama experience including the ability to work with complex implementations with multiple workspaces
- Salesforce Accredited Datorama Associate certification strongly preferred
- Familiarity with standard data processing tools/concepts (e.g. SQL, ETL), and experience driving robust QA processes
- In depth experience of the advertising ecosystem (e.g. ad trafficking, Ad servers, DSPs, Media Strategy and Activation, etc.) and a working knowledge of appropriate metrics, measurement, and reporting
- Can lead requirements gathering, project planning, and implementation for both cross functional internal data initiatives as well client-side data projects
- Has project management skills including planning tasks and deliverables, managing timelines and risks, managing team resource allocation, and overseeing multiple simultaneous projects
- Media agency experience will be highly valued
- Familiarity with the basics of various programming languages (VBA, Python, Java, R) and programming concepts (functions, for loops, etc.) will be highly valued
- Experience/familiarity with Multi-Touch Attributions solutions and/or Market Mix Modeling will be highly valued
ABOUT GAIN THEORY:
Gain Theory is a global marketing effectiveness consultancy, empowering marketing and insight professionals to create agile, smarter, data-informed cultures using data, technology and advanced analytics.
As an independent practice within WPP, Gain Theory is trusted by clients around the world to enhance business performance in both the short and long-term by improving marketing effectiveness and efficiency, increasing baseline profits, growing market share and driving share price growth.
The global team consists of 200+ consultants, data scientists, mathematicians and marketing technology specialists who operate globally servicing 113 markets worldwide.
Gain Theory embraces and celebrates diversity, inclusivity, and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We are a worldwide agency network that represents global clients. The more inclusive we are, the better work we can create together.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.