Department: Project Management & Delivery
Location: Budapest, Hungary
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
We are looking for a Resource Manager to facilitate seamless delivery across the company. This role supports primarily the Tech & MarCom Delivery Operations with human resourcing, so an understanding of these resources is preferred but not essential. Also managing contractor / freelancer requirements across Delivery Team. They will determine the company's capacity to meet the staffing requirement of projects, assign personnel to projects, and support the hiring process of freelancers / contractors.
Strong organizational skills, ability to manage resources on a diverse delivery load, attention to detail and excellent communication skills are essential. The ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment and maintain a positive attitude under pressure is crucial for this position.
What you’ll be doing:
- Ensuring all contracted projects are resourced across the teams after discussion with Team Leads and Heads of Department.
- Daily trafficking and problem solving around project priorities when last minute urgent resource requests rise.
- Monitoring employee & freelancer / contractors’ utilization, workload, and overtime hours.
- Weekly interpretation of all resource requests from Project Managers via status meetings and the Resource profiles, leading to a solid understanding of short term and long-term resourcing.
- Being aware of the current partners, vendors, and their capabilities as well as the Wunderman Thompson Network capabilities and engaging them for resourcing.
- Identifying freelance / contractor needs; arranging interviews with relevant team members.
- Analyzing the resource forecast, determining gaps, and initiating the resourcing process via the Recruitment team or Wunderman Thompson Network or Vendor / Contractor pool.
- Tracking freelance / contractors’ utilization and building business cases with Business & Delivery Leads for freelancer / contractors’ extensions where necessary.
- Running monthly Freelance / Contractor Utilization sessions with the Delivery & Business leads to discuss all freelance extensions and new hires based on capacity vs revenue.
- Oversight of capacity of all resources and hiring of freelancers / contractors or Network resources as and when required.
- Working closely with the People Team (Recruitment) and division Leads to hire appropriate people and define their roles
Who we’re looking for:
- Ideally someone that is familiar with resourcing, 2-3+ years of experience in project or traffic management, preferably in a digital agency and/or software or web development company.
- Experienced in planning, and managing multiple lead stakeholders with conflicting workload priorities.
- Exacting attention to detail and proven ability of solving resourcing issues.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Understanding of the traffic functions within a tech agency environment.
- Excellent organization and communication skills.
- Possess a strong work ethic and take pride in the quality of their work.
- Strong knowledge of and experience with reporting tools, advanced / proficient with MS Excel & Power BI.
- Understanding of project management processes and PM software knowledge is an advantage.
What we can offer you:
- Remote work opportunity (3 days/week even if you live in Budapest)
- International projects, diverse teams
- International and inhouse training possibilities
- Kid and dog friendly office
- Lots of events, annual team building days
- Award-winning office
We don’t settle for people who can just do the job, we look for people that go beyond that and always push our thinking to be better than yesterday. We believe that this is what makes our agency a great place to be – a space where you’re never far away from the best minds to learn from.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.