Group Account Supervisor (Health)
Group Account Supervisor (Health)
Department: Client Services
Location: New York, NY, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Wunderman Thompson Health, a division of Wunderman Thompson, works with companies to build world-class healthcare and pharmaceutical brands among medical professionals and consumers, with a transmedia storytelling approach that covers print, digital and television broadcast media, medical education, sales force presentations and managed access strategies.
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson Health is seeking a Group Account Supervisor to join our New York office. The Group Account Supervisor (GAS) is responsible for providing comprehensive account management for a group of assigned clients/products. A GAS maintains mutually beneficial relationships with clients and manages account finances for his/her assigned business.
What you’ll do:
- Client | Provide strategic recommendations to the clients (i.e., positioning, branding, etc.). Establish creative direction with the client. Build client relationships outside of the core brand team (i.e., regulatory, medical, legal). Suggest recommendations that help drive client’s business forward. Identify and implement opportunities for brand growth. Articulate thorough understanding of client business to offer solid client counsel and actionable solutions. Recognize un-tapped opportunities to help client grow business.
- Manage | Facilitate the development of creative and strategic briefs. Effectively manage and develop team members. Develop and manages client budgets. Coach and mentor direct reports and agency team. Manage account finances.
- Collaborate | Successfully integrate efforts with agency partners. Strategically evaluate creative and provide constructive feedback. provide effective communication skills in small groups and on pitches.
- Agency Growth | Regularly identify business opportunities to generate additional income opportunities within the assigned accounts.
Who you are:
- Growth-Minded | Entrepreneurial attitude coupled with strong business acumen. Successful track record of building client relationships. Ability and appetite to bring people together. Innate ability to marshal people and create gravity around ideas. Provide a consultative, conscientious and rigorous approach to increase our client's competitive advantage.
- Team Player | Our team is close-knit and supportive, and we’re working with a lot of unknowns – you must champion team environments that are comfortable and encouraging.
- Problem Solver | Ensure quality control by overseeing agency products including creative work, financial analyses, key client communications, key schedules, creative strategies, and strategic decks. Assist with day-to-day account problem-solving by providing guidance to junior team and raising issues and solutions to senior team. Dig in and figure out how to work around problems.
- Ego-less | We all wear the hats that need wearing, it’s a mentality that makes the team successful.
What You’ll Need:
- Education: Bachelor’s degree.
- 5-6 years advertising experience; minimum three years in pharmaceutical/healthcare.
- Possess a thorough understanding of client positioning and competitive market forces.
- Builds rapport well, easily approachable by team and client.
- Effective organizational skills, strategic thinking and leadership qualities.
- Outstanding communication skills: oral, written and interpersonal.
- Demonstrates strong leadership qualities and strategic thinking.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.