Senior Copywriter - B2B (Contract, Remote)
Senior Copywriter - B2B (Contract, Remote)
Location: Seattle, WA, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
NOTE on Location and Remote Options: While this role is part of our Seattle team, work can be done remotely for qualified U.S. based candidates. Due to client considerations and workflow reasons, any applicants must be able to work PST hours as needed and without issue. Thank you!
This is a long-term contract opportunity with an intended duration through the end of the year.
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson Seattle is seeking a Senior B2B Copywriter with a deep understanding of B2B content and digital marketing principles. This writer has an accomplished portfolio that features B2B content work for respected brands, businesses, and/or agencies. In addition to standard B2B content such as eBooks, white papers, infographics, and flyers, this individual also has extensive experience writing scripts for videos. The ideal candidate excels at ideating and making for the digital landscape, and is passionate about the internet and knowledgeable about the language and lexicon of the digital space. They understand the nuances of a complex client and solve the puzzle pieces to write compelling digital copy for their consumers.
As Senior Copywriter, you will eagerly take ownership of multiple interdisciplinary projects and thrive in white space. You should possess a strong voice (in the room and in your copy) and the ability to recognize how digital can be leveraged to enhance and drive big campaign ideas. This role requires independence and leadership – confidence in one’s creative sensibilities is key.
What you’ll do:
- Process | Proficiently write in diverse copy styles across a range of assignments. Analyze problems, anticipate consequences, and eliminate obstacles to successfully complete projects. Concept and collaborate on campaign ideas and social tactics with a creative team while working on multiple projects. Manage and prioritize projects within timelines for project milestones.
- Work | Craft concepts and execute copy based on established voice and tone for myriad digital platforms.
- People | Partner with the creative leads to concept, write, present, and defend work while addressing client needs. Collaborate with multidisciplinary teams across the agency to ensure timely deliverables.
Who you are:
- A builder | Innovator with a desire to bring people together. Innate ability to marshal people and create gravity around ideas.
- Open and collaborative | Our team is close-knit and supportive and we’re working with a lot of unknowns – you must be a champion of team environments that are comfortable and encouraging, especially when working across disciplines.
- An experimenter | Embrace the unknown and ready to break process. You’ll be excited by opportunities to explore new ideas rather than rely on existing paradigms, and you view technology as a tool that can drive this creativity.
- Ego-less | We all wear the hats that need wearing, it’s a mentality that makes the team successful.
What you’ll need:
- Minimum 5 years of copywriting experience at a creative agency, or equivalent.
- Required: Online portfolio and/or PDF samples demonstrating white papers and other relevant long-form B2B writing.
- Ideal: Online portfolio that can also showcase ability for conceptual thinking and integrated campaign execution.
- B2B experience in an agency setting strongly preferred.
- Telecom or technology experience is preferred. Or if no tech experience, a proven curiosity and willingness to dive deep into complex categories.
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities in order to meet deadlines.
- A positive attitude and capacity for thinking above and beyond the clients’ initial ask.
What we offer:
- Passionate, driven people | We champion a culture of people that do extraordinary work.
- Consciously cultivated culture | We aim to embody the behaviors to build an inclusive community that is in it together, bringing both positivity and active listening into the workplace as we simultaneously strive to empower creative bravery.
- Competitive benefits | What we offer full time hires ranges from the full spectrum of group health coverage options (medical, dental, vision) to a generous 401k match (100% dollar-for-dollar match, up to 5% of salary contribution), and a variety of paid time off offerings that reflect our investment in all aspects of your overall life balance and wellness.
- Growth-minded opportunities | We aim to nurture a culture of real-time feedback, growth-oriented mindset, and plenty of training opportunities through Wunderman Thompson and WPP, so you can continue to grow personally and professionally.
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.