Senior Data Consultant
Senior Data Consultant
Department: Data & Analytics
Location: London, United Kingdom
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
About Wunderman Thompson Data:
Wunderman Thompson Data transforms marketing for the largest global brands, focusing on the orchestration of marketing data. We are digital and data natives, with technology in our DNA. We have always understood the impact that data and technology has on brands. As strategic marketing data and technical specialists with deep domain expertise, Wunderman Thompson Data orchestrates technology, data, processes, and teams to solve the marketing challenges facing our clients. Operating at the intersection of data, technology and strategy, consumer engagement and insights, we bring the possible to life. Since our inception in 1999 we have established a reputation in accelerating business value through the transformation of marketing.
Who we are looking for:
Our continued drive to expand and provide world class services within the digital marketing arena, has created the need for a Senior Technology Consultant, to be based in the UK. In addition to relevant technology domain expertise, this individual must have the necessary consulting skills to resolve complex client challenges through the architecture of marketing technology, with a particular focus on the management and activation of customer and performance data. In addition, the Senior Technology Consultant will help develop our own Martech solutions strategy, staying abreast of Martech trends, technologies, and client demand.
What you’ll be doing:
- Client work
- Understands clients’ technology and data strategy and how it serves or impedes the business strategy.
- Communicates complex technical and data concepts to non-technical clients and colleagues, demonstrating subject matter expertise and building trust.
- Plans and leads technical workshops – in particular, focusing on the use of marketing technology and activation of data for marketing.
- Collects and translates client requirements into viable technology/data solutions.
- Defines marketing technology and data solutions/concepts for clients.
- Creates high-level architecture of the client’s environment, detailing the current setup, identifying gaps and recommendations based on the client’s business strategy.
- Provides best practice advice to client around key solutions: in particular marketing decisioning (personalisation, optimisation etc.) but also customer data management (collection, customer data models, ID resolution, analysis and segmentation), data governance, CRM and media activation, and performance analytics and reporting.
- Understands meta data management, data management policy and governance.
- Able to define logical architecture and data structures of enterprise solutions (MDM, EDW, CMS, Content Management, PDM, BI and Analytics tools)
- Plays a leading role in the consulting team, helping to build and develop client propositions and identify the consulting skills and expertise that will meet client demand and changing market conditions.
- Leads project teams to guide their analysis of client technology and data challenges and identification of solutions. Routinely responsible for the quality of consulting deliverables in a client engagement.
- Contribute to the packaging of work so that we can deliver repeatable, scalable solutions.
- Mentor members of the consulting team or other colleagues.
- Lead pre-sales technology and data consultancy work; contributing to RFP responses, pitches and the structuring of proposals.
- Contribute to WT Data thought leadership activities – blogs, podcasts, reports etc.
- Identify key vendors critical to the WTD proposition and services. Build relationships with these vendors, introducing them to the team and help to identify education/training/certification needs.
Who you are:
The ideal candidate will have considerable experience architecting and implementing customer data solutions (cloud platforms, CDPs, ID resolution). Experience activating customer data through martech solutions (across automation, decisioning, and experience layers) is a bonus.
The candidate will have several years consulting experience, advising clients on technology and data solutions, instilling confidence and clearly articulating complex ideas, structuring recommendations around business needs and value, and producing high quality written deliverables. The ideal candidate will also understand that technology and data transformation serves a wider business need.
Candidates will have worked on multi-workstream programs and will thrive on finding solutions to complex marketing challenges. They will enjoy working collaboratively with colleagues and clients. They will be curious, quick to absorb information, happy to immerse themselves in new industries and always stay informed about Martech and data vendors and their products. While the role is senior, we need an individual who has worked in the subject matter and is not afraid to get their hands dirty.
- Relevant marketing data experience, providing clients with data solutions that address the collection and management of customer data to achieve commercial goals and a better customer experience.
- Architecting and implementing cloud platform solutions (GCP, MS Azure or AWS), the automation of data feeds, ETL processes, and data model design.
- Experience in design and implementation of CDPs such as MS CI, Treasure, Tealium, Bloomreach, AEP or other
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated success in working with poorly defined problems and limited guidance.
- Passion for solution building and initiative for getting involved.
- Capable of executing projects with minimal guidance and direction.
What we can offer you:
We don't settle for people who can just do the job, we look for people that go beyond that and always push our thinking to be better than yesterday. We believe that this is what makes our agency a great place to be – a space where you’re never far away from the best minds to learn from.
We want you to be comfortable and proud every day of the week and have created an open and inclusive environment where you can bring your whole self to work. We don’t want you to just fit into our culture, we want your uniqueness and diversity of background to add to it and make this an agency where we all have a real sense of belonging and purpose. We are a community.
We have a number of programmes and initiatives designed to support your career and wellbeing. There are exciting knowledge sharing programmes delivered through lunch and learn sessions, cultural opportunities through our exchange programme, and you can have an impact on the wider community through one of our charity initiatives. Your career development is important to us and should you ever choose to move on from Wunderman Thompson, we want you to be better than when you joined us. YOU Time will provide you with the framework and support needed to reach your career aspirations, supported by a range of learning options for every type of learning style. Your mind, body and soul are also taken care of through our varied wellness programmes but we like to have some fun here too, so you could get involved in our culture club, find love through Wunder Dating or if you’re the chosen one, take a spin on our Wheel of Wunder!
There really is no shortage of opportunities here for the right person that is prepared to roll their sleeves up, get involved and collaborate with those around them to deliver the best work for our clients and our agency.
Wunderman Thompson is proud to be a WPP agency. Headquartered in New York, we have a truly global reach with over 20,000 people in 90 markets. For more information, please visit our website and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter.
Wunderman Thompson is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and to attracting and retaining the most qualified employees regardless of race, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, age or disability. We rely on legitimate interest as a legal basis for processing personal information under the GDPR for purposes of recruitment and applications for employment.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.