Location: Saint Louis, MO, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson Health is seeking a Creative Director in our St. Louis office. The Creative Director leads the overall creative vision for assigned accounts, develops original creative concepts and approaches, oversees multiple projects through execution, and manages a team of creatives under them. The CD is responsible for aligning creative with strategy and business requirements. They understand our clients’ business motives and clearly translate those objectives through all creative. A seasoned presenter, the CD interfaces directly with the client at all levels of engagement.
A champion for creative excellence and efficient delivery, the CD assists the VP/SVP in maintaining and improving the internal creative process. While juggling multiple projects, the CD will also work with Account, PMO, Strategy, and Production to ensure seamless, cross-discipline integration and grow business across all assigned accounts.
What you’ll do:
- Lead | Provides creative leadership as well as vision and inspiration to creative staff. Determine which ideas are shared with clients. Lead creative team in efficiently conceptualizing, planning, producing, refining and leading a diverse range of creative ideas and concepts. Own assigned projects and manage all aspects of the assignment, team, creative work, budget and presenting. Proactively manage up with the department lead to provide insight and feedback on project status, the work and team member performance. Supervise, mentor and train: Senior Art Director, Art Director, Senior Copywriter, Copywriter, Associate Creative Director
- Create | Works in a Copywriter or Art Director capacity as needed and performs the duties of the respective position when in this role. Scope creative work efforts, contribute to the establishment of project viability, and identify resource needs. Maintain the integrity of the creative vision; reduce risk and improve viability throughout the entire delivery process. Drive the creative solution for new business pitches.
- Collaborate | Responsible for direct communication with Account Director(s) regarding business scopes, financials, schedules and planning. Communicate effectively verbally as well as visually. Present creative rationale during internal and client presentations. Ensure team meets deadlines and stays within budget for all creative deliverables. Collaborate with creative leaders with interviewing, hiring, training and the evaluation of junior Creative staff
Who you are:
- A builder | Entrepreneurial attitude. Appetite for bringing people together. Possess an innate knack to marshal people and create gravity around ideas.
- A leader | You set a high-quality bar and ensure that team members are exceling and growing in their craft and careers.
- Open and collaborative | Our team is close-knit and supportive and we’re working with a lot of unknowns. You must be a champion of team environments that are comfortable with ambiguity and encourage collaboration.
- An experimenter | You embrace the unknown and are ready to both enforce and break process. You’re excited by opportunities to create new ideas rather than defaulting to existing ones. You see technology as a tool for creativity.
- Ego-less | We all wear the hats that need wearing. It’s a mentality that makes the team successful.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree plus 10+ years of art or copy experience in a direct/relationship marketing agency environment
- 3-4 years of supervisory experience
- Advanced competencies in Microsoft Office, database, Internet environments and industry-standard software programs
- Understanding of both the art and copy side and the ability to evaluate both
- Diverse account and industry experience
- Experience in and ability to evaluate all mediums including mail, print, television, radio and interactive in order to develop fully integrated marketing campaigns
- Strong portfolio of work that demonstrates strategic, conceptual and creative thinking
- Polished client presentation skills, sharp communicator and exemplary leader
- The ability to mentor creative at all levels, provide direction and give constructive criticism when appropriate
- Strong leadership skills and ability to solve problems with keen instincts and organization experience.
- Ability to offer proactive solutions and ensure successful progression
- Ability to meet high standards for quality and accuracy under tight deadlines
- Ability to accept constructive internal and client comments with regard to concepts and copy
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.