Vice President, People
Vice President, People
Location: Chicago, IL, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Who we are looking for:
The Vice President of Human Resources will manage the overall HR function across multiple businesses and client teams within Wunderman Thompson. The VP serves as a strategic business partner to senior management and drives the HR strategy as it relates to our people and organizational effectiveness. The incumbent will create an inclusive environment, where all employees across Health have a shared understanding of how truly interconnected we are through our own stories! In addition, the incumbent will manage operational HR activities including consulting and advising on organizational structure and change management, resourcing and talent mobility, staffing, compensation, and talent management.
What you will do:
- Acts as a coach, advisor, mentor and business partner to Executive and Client Teams, promoting a high-performance culture of accountability and results orientation.
- Defines and monitors organizational, financial and HR metrics to assess the effectiveness of the organization’s talent strategy, and develops recommendations regarding changes in the structure, roles, processes, competencies, staffing or workforce composition.
- Understands business direction and resourcing priorities across Health; proactively and timely driving the execution of sourcing and pipeline generation activities.
- Analyzes recruiting team success against KPI/metrics for client groups to ensure business objectives are effectively met.
- Initiates and leads efforts to evaluate Health’s current Employee Value Proposition, and refresh/restructure the Value Messaging to communicate an authentic, compelling employment brand that maximizes attraction and retention of desired talent.
- Partners with Regional HR Leads to execute all cyclical processes such as annual compensation, performance management, succession management, and ESAT Survey analysis and action planning.
- Partners with Regional HR Leads to proactively and consistently review turnover data and collectively develop appropriate retention strategies at the local level.
- Represent Health on enterprise projects across Wunderman Thompson North America, communicating important information to Executive and HR Leadership teams.
- Supports adoption and implementation of Global HR Programs at the Regional level.
- Directs the overall maintenance and optimization of all HR databases, changes of HR systems, and benefits operations.
- Consults with legal counsel on escalated personnel issues as needed.
- Develops, coaches and mentors the Regional HR team ensuring relevant HR discipline knowledge is shared proactively.
- Additional responsibilities and duties as assigned.
What you will need:
- 10+ years of leadership experience developing and leading complex, cross-functional HR solutions in large organizations
- Minimum 5 years’ experience developing and leading high-impact HR programs
- Ability to think strategically and translate concepts into actionable items
- Proven ability to advise, consult, and coordinate with senior management regarding organizational plans, succession plans, organizational-wide policies, legal issues, and other issues affecting a dispersed workforce across multiple locations.
- Proven success in building high-performing teams: Including talent recruitment and development, and engagement.
- Prior success managing across multiple geographic locations.
What we offer:
- Passionate, driven people | We champion a culture of people that do extraordinary work.
- Consciously cultivated culture | We aim to embody the behaviors to build an inclusive community that is in it together, bringing both positivity and active listening into the workplace as we simultaneously strive to empower creative bravery.
- Competitive benefits | What we offer full time hires ranges from the full spectrum of group health coverage options (medical, dental, vision) to a generous 401k match (100% dollar-for-dollar match, up to 5% of salary contribution), and a variety of paid time off offerings that reflect our investment in all aspects of your overall life balance and wellness.
- Growth-minded opportunities | We aim to nurture a culture of real-time feedback, growth-oriented mindset, and plenty of training opportunities through Wunderman Thompson and WPP, so you can continue to grow personally and professionally.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.