Group Director, Project Management
Group Director, Project Management
Department: Project Management & Delivery
Location: New York, NY, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Wunderman Thompson Health, a division of Wunderman Thompson, works with companies to build world-class healthcare and pharmaceutical brands among medical professionals and consumers, with a transmedia storytelling approach that covers print, digital and television broadcast media, medical education, sales force presentations and managed access strategies.
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson Health is seeking a Group Director, Project Management to join the Project Management team in our New York office, this role will report into the VP, Head of PMO & Client Operations and be part of the PMO Leads team in the New York Office.
The ideal candidate has experience leading teams within a fast-paced and complex organization. You are skilled in operational excellence, ruthlessly process-driven, organized, and analytical. The right candidate brings a can-do attitude and an entrepreneurial approach. We look for teammates who are humble, curious, kind, proactive and resourceful.
What you’ll do:
- Lead | Provide leadership for the project management team within the assigned portfolio and oversee delivery of work that is excellent, on time, on budget and goes beyond the brief. You will be responsible for overseeing the plans and processes that drive projects forward and ensure successful delivery with high client satisfaction. Motivate, direct and challenge teams to produce great work. You will be responsible for managing and at times establishing cross-functional teams across offices that are collaborative, efficient and high-functioning. Audit and evolve ways of working across clients within portfolio. Financial responsibility for managing to annual and project scope, target margins and profitability. Support the needs of new business by helping to assess viability, staffing, scoping, and pricing strategy in collaboration with client finance.
- Manage | Function as lead project management contact for client and key stakeholders. Maintain in-depth knowledge of client’s business, brands, and competitor landscape. Establish and manage program communication and process. You will be responsible for setting up appropriate structure and tools to ensure successful collaboration and engagement across agency and client teams. Strong POV regarding different project management methodologies and operating models to fit various client needs.
- Partner | Build relationships and collaborate with discipline leads to support improved ways of working, as well as, the development of SOWs and staff plans based on functional and business requirements. Partner with the account leads regarding deliverables and timing expectations to support a balanced workload for the agency. Champion, advocate, and implement all company and departmental processes and initiatives and assist in ongoing process improvement.
Who you are:
- A builder and unifier | Entrepreneurial attitude coupled with a strong business acumen. Process-oriented with a strong point of view and distinct voice. Ability and appetite to create and bring people together to inspire solutions.
- Open and collaborative | Our team is close-knit and supportive, and we work with unknowns – you must be an advocate of environments that are comfortable with ambiguity, positive and encourage collaboration.
- Optimistic and resilient | Dig in and figure out how to work around problems. Innate ability to inspire and marshal people to clear solutions quickly. “Yes”, and “why not” posture. Takes care of self and team. Balance needed to maintain stamina and positivity.
- Ego-less | We all wear the hats that need wearing, it’s a mentality that makes the team successful.
What You’ll Need:
- 12+ years of hands-on project management leadership experience in advertising or marketing communications in a client-facing role, ideally at a (preferably large) creative agency or similar.
- Experience in both the Health/Pharma and wellness spaces, understanding the unique needs within.
- A systematic thinker with proven track record of overseeing complex, cross-functional projects and leading teams across digital products and services, CX practices, web site redesigns, platform builds, emerging tech solutions.
- A campaign thinker, with experience in multi-channel, integrated campaign work, who demonstrates a sharp knowledge of, and thoughtful POV on, the principles of marketing, advertising, campaigns, content and all forms of media.
- High EQ and the ability to read what a team needs to help motivate them.
- Proven track record in a client-service environment including presenting work and the ability to link people (including team members and stakeholders), ideas, and information throughout a project life.
- Self-motivated and driven to build and create great work.
- Strong leadership skills including ability to connect and motivate a large team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and negotiation skills.
- Experience working with Agile methodologies a plus.
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.