Department: Data & Analytics
Location: Los Angeles, CA, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Gain Theory’s (A Wunderman Thompson Company) West Coast business is growing dramatically, and we are seeking talented, creative leaders to assist in growing the business, working with our clients and building a strong team for the future. This role is a unique opportunity to work side-by-side with our West Coast Partner to expand Gain Theory’s business model and realize our West Coast ambitions.
The Senior Director will have a critical role in leading client engagements and ensuring delivery of high-quality insights and recommendations to our client’s data science and insights teams utilizing advanced analytics and modeling, scenario planning and ad-hoc analyses to support their growth aspirations. You will work closely with our West Coast lead and the North American leadership team to define the West Coast strategy for Gain Theory growth and our long-term success.
You will manage resources within the group for all client initiatives. You will also be responsible for managing effective communication with other internal resources within Gain Theory and agencies for the concerned projects.
- Provide on-going analytical support based on statistical models to address a wide variety of client issues including media and new products.
- Work in an integrated fashion with client data science and insight professionals to make recommendations based on analyses and experience.
- Regularly present to senior stakeholders and executives client side (and prospective clients on new business opportunities).
- Manage projects that primarily focus on the impact and/or ROI (return on investment) of client investments, sponsorship contracts, media and marketing activities, promotional, product and pricing strategies as well as other drivers of business growth.
- Set overall timeline, oversee data and modeling workstreams in collaboration with assigned data lead and modeling lead of a global project team you will interact with and manage where necessary on a day-to-day basis.
- Create analyses, presentations and reports with appropriate visualizations and flow.
- Run optimization scenarios on clients’ budgets to maximize client KPIs.
- Manage daily client communications and requests.
- Work on-site with the client, when appropriate. (Currently virtual)
- Ensure a high level of client satisfaction.
- 5-8 years experience in managing clients, consulting, and delivering analytic results to non-technical audiences (this can be internal or as a client service)
- 3-4 years experience in statistical and econometric analysis
- Bachelor’s degree minimum (Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, Operations Research or similar field with quantitative understanding)
- Experience in delivering the insights from advanced analytic techniques, such as multivariate time series regressions (OLS, GLS, etc.), logistic regression, cluster analysis, segmentation, attitudinal/motivational analysis, factor analysis, concept/copy testing, sales forecasting/predictive models, response prediction, Bayesian vs. Frequentist approaches, marketing mix and ROI measurement
- Experience across DTC, E-commerce, Retail and/or Financial Services is a plus
- Working knowledge of marketing as a function, media planning and buying
- Proven track record of dealing directly with clients
- Analytical mindset and problem-solving capabilities
- Ability to inspire others
- Ability to grow team and division
- Self-driven and proven track record of working in fast paced environments
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Good communications skills
- Experience managing a team
- Prior usage of statistical software for multivariate time series regression
- Experience with Business Intelligence and Data Mining Applications
ABOUT GAIN THEORY:
Gain Theory is a global marketing effectiveness consultancy, empowering marketing and insight professionals to create agile, smarter, data-informed cultures using data, technology and advanced analytics.
As an independent practice within WPP, Gain Theory is trusted by clients around the world to enhance business performance in both the short and long-term by improving marketing effectiveness and efficiency, increasing baseline profits, growing market share and driving share price growth.
The global team consists of 200+ consultants, data scientists, mathematicians and marketing technology specialists who operate globally servicing 113 markets worldwide.
Gain Theory embraces and celebrates diversity, inclusivity, and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We are a worldwide agency network that represents global clients. The more inclusive we are, the better work we can create together.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.