Client Finance Manager
Client Finance Manager
Location: New York, NY, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson is seeking a Client Finance Manager in our New York office. Key responsibilities include maximizing client profitability, maintaining staffing plans in line with committed income, assuring maximum utilization of billable staff, assuring contract terms are adhered to, improving cash inflows, assisting in contract negotiations, and working with operational staff to improve procedures for improved efficiencies and profit maximization
What you’ll do:
- Client | “Own” a piece of business from start to end; staffing, forecasting, rate creation, value add opportunities, SOWs, and client presentations. Review Client Profitability on a monthly basis, provide profitability analysis, and recommend improvements to achieve maximum potential. Assess staffing mix to ensure maximum profitability. Perform standard Business Management functions, such as income recognition, billing, and third-party vendor management. Attend monthly management meetings and take responsibility for action plans on all financial matters.
- Collaborate | Assist in the negotiation with clients’ marketing and procurement teams during rate and SOW development. Assist in client and internal audits, dependent on client. Create and revise staffing plans, in coordination with account management, Human Resources, and Finance.
- Corporate | Create, analyze, and submit P&Ls for corporate review, including revenue, staffing plans & changes, headcount, and corporate expenses. Coordinate process of providing accurate fee income forecasts, detailing committed, and forecasted income. Finalize monthly income across all clients with a Financial Analyst. Track and analyze hours weekly versus the burn rate of the month for all on your team. Assist in ad hoc financial presentations & analyses. Perform periodic financial process review; assess inefficiencies and recognize where improvements can be made. Provide training sessions for your team. Provide the monthly rolling forecast for your team. Review staff utilization monthly.
Who you are:
- Communicator | Capability to develop financial plans by collaborating with key stakeholders. Capability to create and deliver presentations on P&Ls for corporate review, including standard components such as revenue, staffing plans & changes, headcount, and corporate expenses.
- Detail-Oriented | Precise financial forecasting, tracking, process reviews and assessments.
- Ego-less | We all wear the hats that need wearing, it’s a mentality that makes the team successful.
What you’ll need:
- Minimum of 5 years management experience in Finance and Advertising Agency.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills; must demonstrate proven record of ability to analyze business and improve profitability.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to handle and coordinate activities on many projects.
- Advanced Excel & PowerPoint presentation.
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.