Executive Assistant (Contract to Hire)
Executive Assistant (Contract to Hire)
Location: Los Angeles, CA, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson is seeking a contract-to-hire Executive Assistant for our California business. The right person has a passion for marketing and would be interested in the growth potential at our agency. We are seeking someone who is bright, organized and eager to learn about the industry. The EA will need to be a self-motivated, detail-oriented, flexible individual who is committed to supporting our executive leadership team, employees and clients. The candidate possesses the ability to complete high volumes of tasks with minimal guidance or supervision and deadline sensitivity in a fast-paced, dynamic agency atmosphere. This position is an introduction to the business and ideal for entry-level candidates interested in pursuing a career at an advertising agency.
Quick note on Location: The expectation is that the candidate will work in a hybrid work model combining working from home and working on-site in our Playa Vista office.
What you’ll do:
- Coordinate | Provide calendar management, expense report and travel planning support for the leadership team. Plan meetings and events across virtual, in-office and hybrid models, including managing event space, food, travel itineraries and other logistics.
- Communicate | Be the point person for questions and requests directed to the California leadership team and manage incoming communication on their behalf. Effectively communicate with executives, leaders and team members across the organization.
- Organize | Prepare, proofread and double check materials. Handle business and personnel details of confidential and sensitive nature. When necessary, join discussions alongside leadership to capture notes and efficiently manage next steps.
- Collaborate | Partner with leadership & operations teams to support culture and employee engagement efforts including owning facilities and office management tasks; planning staff meetings and team events; coordinating award show submissions; driving community outreach and pro bono programs; etc.
Who you are:
- Open and collaborative | Willing to pitch in and do whatever is needed with a positive attitude. Willing to learn, ask questions and bring energy and enthusiasm to the team.
- Self-Motivated | Enjoy autonomy and taking initiative. Able to stay motivated, work through interruptions and thrive even in chaotic situations.
- Detail-Oriented | Able to prioritize and manage to deadlines. Be organized, communicate status and stay on top of multiple tasks at the same time.
What you’ll need:
- An amazing attitude, insatiable curiosity and a sense of humor.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written. You are a fast learner and a self-starter.
- Ability to be resourceful and deal with ambiguity and last-minute changes.
- Ability to ethically and respectfully deal with confidential and sensitive matters.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point).
What we offer:
- Passionate, driven people | We champion a culture of people that do extraordinary work.
- Consciously cultivated culture | We aim to embody the behaviors to build an inclusive community that is in it together, bringing both positivity and active listening into the workplace as we simultaneously strive to empower creative bravery.
- Competitive benefits | What we offer full time hires ranges from the full spectrum of group health coverage options (medical, dental, vision) to a generous 401k match (100% dollar-for-dollar match, up to 5% of salary contribution), and a variety of paid time off offerings that reflect our investment in all aspects of your overall life balance and wellness.
- Growth-minded opportunities | We aim to nurture a culture of real-time feedback, growth-oriented mindset, and plenty of training opportunities through Wunderman Thompson and WPP, so you can continue to grow personally and professionally.
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.