Location: Seattle, WA, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Wunderman Thompson Commerce, a division of Wunderman Thompson, is a global eCommerce consultancy that brings strategic clarity, technical know-how and creative inspiration to help retailers and brands define and deliver winning commerce strategies. Wunderman Thompson Commerce brings together WPP’s leading commerce agencies, Salmon, POSSIBLE Commerce, & Marketplace Ignition under the Wunderman Thompson brand. We help retailers and brands succeed in the digital retail environment of today and we help them prepare for the retail world of tomorrow. We specialize in services on marketplaces (e.g., Amazon), retailer.com (e.g., Walmart, Home Depot) and in Direct-to-customer technology (both B2C and B2B).
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson is seeking a content strategist to help our clients develop compelling and performing content and merchandising strategies on ecommerce marketplaces like Amazon, Walmart, Chewy, Instacart, and others. This role helps define content and merchandising strategies for clients, develop client-facing content reporting, and helps write and develop content that performs in ecommerce. The role is part of our multi-functional client service teams which include content and merchandising, media (search and display), analytics and account strategy.
What you’ll do:
- Ecommerce Expertise | Maintain and develop ecommerce content expertise. Understand the constantly changing key trends and behaviors that drive the way consumers perceive and purchase brands on online marketplaces like Amazon.com, Instacart, Chewy.com, Walmart.com, Target.com, Lowes.com, etc.
- Reporting & Analysis | Develop and maintain actionable reporting and insights. Understand content KPIs, analyze metrics and determine next steps based in data. Manage effective ways to communicate findings back to client.
- Content Strategies | Help develop ecommerce content strategies for client. Understand clients’ products and services, their target audience and their competitors’ activities. Conduct audits of brands’ content and presence on ecommerce sites.
- Research | Compile/conduct research for client teams as needed, which may include competitive data, emerging opportunities, and consumer insights. Recommend ideas and assist in development of client content and merchandising strategies and tactics to improve ecommerce presence and drive sales. Good understanding of SEO research and best practices.
- Collaborate | Develop creative ecommerce concepts/ideas in partnership with other content team members. This includes, but is not necessarily limited to, product detail page (PDP) basic and A+ content, brand stores, and merchandising copy across online marketplaces.
- Copywriting | Ability to write clear, persuasive, original ecommerce copy. Edit and proofread product and promotional copy when needed.
Who you are:
- A builder | Leadership skills / ability and appetite to create bring people together / innate ability to marshal people and create gravity around ideas.
- Analytical | Curious to understand how data drives decision making for content development and optimization.
- Open and collaborative | Our team is close-knit and supportive and we’re working with a lot of unknowns – you must champion of team environments that are comfortable and encouraging.
- An experimenter | We are doing something new / must be ridiculously comfortable with ambiguity / excited by opportunities to create new rather than default to plugging-in to existing ones / lean towards experimentation rather than incremental improvements / yes with process and work, but also with people – open to new ways to get the best out of talented people.
- Optimistic and resilient | Dig in and figure out how to work around problems / yes, why not posture / takes care of self and team / balance needed to maintain stamina and positivity.
- Okay with being wrong, and right | This isn’t a role that you’ll be able to take what you learned somewhere else and copy/print onto this role / it’s going to be a lot of inventing and collaborating and more likely than not, disagreeing / this isn’t an easy job, but you have the opportunity to be a critical part of a building a new kind of agency.
What you'll need:
- Minimum of 3 years overall experience in marketing, digital marketing, eCommerce or shopper marketing
- Minimum of 2 years relevant user experience work focused on engagement and conversion
- Minimum of 2 years working with Amazon, Walmart or other major retailer and a deep understanding of their processes, tools and ways of working
- Knowledge of, and ideally experience working with ecommerce retailers or platforms like Amazon, Chewy, Walmart, Instacart, Target, etc
- Experience in writing and basic ecommerce content like product titles, product descriptions, merchandising copy and SEO keyword research
- Experience in reporting marketplace KPIs and performance analysis
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Passionate about ecommerce and digital marketing and digital retail
- Highly collaborative; team player
- Self-starter; able to juggle multiple projects at once
- Comfortable working with creative, account, media, and analytics teams
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.