Location: Budapest, Hungary
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Wunderman Thompson Budapest's iOS Developer is responsible for the professional development of the iOS creative and business mobile applications. The developer is working closely with the Technology team, the UX/UI team, the Project Management team and also with client team members.
Who you are:
- A builder | Entrepreneurial attitude couple with a strong business acumen. Ability and appetite to bring people together. Innate ability to marshal people and create gravity around ideas.
- Open and collaborative | Our team is close-knit and supportive and we’re working with a lot of unknowns – you must champion of team environments that are comfortable and encouraging.
- Optimistic and resilient | Dig in and figure out how to work around problems. Yes and why not posture. Takes care of self and team. Balance needed to maintain stamina and positivity.
Tasks you can expect on a daily basis:
- Create mobile applications for mobile development platform
- Plan, define and estimate tasks for creating mobile applications
- Plan, define and estimate 3rd party usages, databases / database connections on mobile application projects
- Feedback on UI and UX design on mobile application projects
- Being up to date with technology trends related to iOS development practices
- Overview and apply coding standards, automated testing, version control, deployment and maintenance rules on projects
- Support project managers, project team members, DevOps, code reviews
- Create detailed task definitions, assumptions and feasibility checks
- Create estimates for small/medium/large, complex development tasks
- Review and evaluate timeline and project plan feasibility
- Follow Agile / Scrum principles
You need to have:
- Deep knowledge of iOS application architectures, like MVVM, MVC, MVP, VIPER
- Strong knowledge and usage of the capabilities of iOS SDKs, APIs and iOS platforms
- Deep knowledge of iOS application design patterns
- Knowledge of application testing methods and practices
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Experience in working in small development teams
It is nice if you have:
- Experience working with Test Driven Development and/or BDD
- Willingness to participate in mentoring
- Architectural thinking
- Hands-on experience with Design Collaboration tools (Figma, Zeplin, Adobe XD, InVision)
- Interest or experience on mobile DevOps
What you can expect:
- Remote work opportunity (even if you live in Budapest)
- International projects, diverse teams
- International and inhouse training possibilities
- Kid and dog friendly office 😊
- Annual team building days
- Award-winning office
What we can offer you:
We don’t settle for people who can just do the job, we look for people that go beyond that and always push our thinking to be better than yesterday. We believe that this is what makes our agency a great place to be – a space where you’re never far away from the best minds to learn from.
We want you to be comfortable and proud every day of the week and have created an open and inclusive environment where you can bring your whole self to work. We don’t want you to just fit into our culture, we want your uniqueness and diversity of background to add to it and make this an agency where we all have a real sense of belonging and purpose. We are a community.
Our focus is on keeping teams connected and engaged whether we're in the office or working from home, putting people’s wellbeing first, ensuring every person has access to our learning and development program and building an inclusive workplace. iLearn is our learning & development portal home to 100s of sessions for you to access. Your career development is important to us. Thrive will provide you with the framework and support needed to reach your career aspirations. There really is no shortage of opportunities here for the right person that is prepared to roll their sleeves up, get involved and collaborate with those around them to deliver the best work for our clients and our agency.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.