Executive CX Strategy Director
Executive CX Strategy Director
Location: New York, NY, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Who we are looking for:
At Wunderman Thompson we believe that products are not simply apps or websites that solve functional problems for customers. They are the consumer experiences that personify and differentiate our client’s brands.
We are looking for an Executive Director, CX Strategy who will anticipate customer needs and consumer trends in the marketplace. This will be made possible by a deep understanding of, and a passion for, the unique balance of art and science and how they will enable us to uncover powerful insights that lead to unique, novel and magical consumer experiences.
The Executive Director, CX Strategy will own this vision and the overarching product strategy for setting the consumer experiences that define how our clients brands exist tomorrow.
The Executive Director, CX Strategy will serve as both a trusted advisor to our clients and a lead-by-example partner to our cross-functional teams in helping them do their best work.
What you’ll do:
- Plan, lead and analyze research efforts, including qualitative and quantitative, to better understand people and present actionable recommendations.
- Be able to distill that research into compelling and unique insights that create a powerful jumping off point for the teams.
- Help the team to understand and articulate the problem space to make sure it’s clear not only what we are doing but why we are doing it – and how it moves the needle for our client’s brands.
- Be able to develop differentiating sets of value propositions that lead to unique and novel solutions.
- Structure and facilitate effective workshops to define business and product goals, MVPs, solution concepts and features.
- Conduct usability testing (in-person and remote, moderated and unmoderated) to evaluate user experiences.
- Evaluate results and help optimize and enhance products post-launch.
- Create customer centric touchpoint and journey maps based on segmentation, archetype definition, jobs-to-be-done and customer insights that help the team uncover opportunities for improvement.
- Develop impactful business and product KPIs, benchmarks and targets and validate them via customer research and analytics.
- Develop strategic roadmaps based on user insights and digital analytics inputs.
- Create prioritization frameworks that reflect business priorities, and most critical user needs.
- Help develop and design user stories, concept wireframes and prototypes to various degrees of fidelity to make your ideas clearly understood.
- Assist with business development pitches and proposals that showcase the value of experience design strategy to potential clients.
What you’ll need:
- 9+ years of professional strategy experience having worked at a digital agency, consulting firm, and or boutique strategy firm.
- Proficiency in storytelling and creating presentation decks and documents.
- Proven experience in various types of customer research, including usability testing and analyzing usage data.
- Familiarity with agile/lean methodologies.
- Deep understanding of cx and innovation focused product strategy.
- Experience collaborating with product managers, designers, and developers in cross-functional team to deliver digital products.
- Curiosity and passion for understanding customer needs and synthesizing them into a clear strategic plan.
- Understanding of user experience principles and a deep understanding of user behaviors to solve client business drivers.
- Articulates complex problems and solutions clearly and succinctly.
- Proven record creating product strategy artefacts for website or app experiences, including: customer journeys, product vision, prioritization matrix, and product roadmaps.
- Comfortable working independently, with some guidance.
- Experience working on multiple work streams with a familiarity and comfort working within an agile environment.
Nice to have
- Some experience using prototyping tools (e.g. InVision, Figma)
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.