Location: San José, Costa Rica
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson Costa Rica is seeking for a Technical Architect. The Technical Architect will be part of a Software team that works on mission critical applications. You will be responsible for providing documenting business requirements that will be used by the interdisciplinary teams (Dev, QA, Creative) as well as participating in Back-End/Front-End development tasks and providing services in the full software development life cycle, from concept and design to testing.
What you’ll do:
- Develop solutions | for Sitecore CMS and .Net web/enterprise applications, serving as the liaison in translating functional and system requirements into technical solutions.
- Design | technical solution using best practices in web development regarding security, maintainability, scalability and performance.
- Provide | development leadership oversight and strategy on Sitecore/.Net solutions
- Architect | Builds hybrid mobile architectural models that are replicable and sustainable and defines architectural direction for project teams
- Streamline | Follow Wunderman Thompson Apps Style and Coding Guidelines. Review code for your peers.
- Collaborate | Work with a team of engineers, designers, QA, and project management to produce high quality projects for large brands that you know and use
- Lead | Oversee the work of technology leads/or application development processes to support client
- Problem solve | Collaborate and meet with the team to review status, identify potential blockers
Who you are:
- Diverse | Bringing together people of various backgrounds with different life experiences can generate ideas or perspectives that others may not have ever considered or been aware of.
- Open and collaborative | Our team is close-knit and supportive and we’re working with a lot of unknowns – you must champion of team environments that are comfortable and encouraging.
- Optimistic and resilient | Dig in and figure out how to work around problems. Yes and why not posture. Takes care of self and team. Balance needed to maintain stamina and positivity
- Innovative and adaptable | Keep up to date with evolving technologies and platforms. Implement processes and strategies that facilitate the growth of the practice. Embrace change and iteration.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field (or equivalent experience).
- Development skills in .Net / C# (8+ years of experience is desired)
- Familiar with ASP.Net MVC web development practices.
- Knowledge inother Content Management Systems / Experience Managers
- Promote software architecture best practices and architecture patterns are discussed among team members for different projects.
- Defines architectural direction for execution teams.
- Task grooming in order to provide sufficient technical details to members of the team.
- Ensure developers truly understand requirements and co-own the codebase.
- Ensure developers are following code best practices and guidelines.
- Ensure developers are following and writing documentation that is considered appropriate in order to keep code consistency and maintainability.
- Assesses feasibility, alternatives, and opportunities.
- Scopes consultation to business/creative teams prior to production phase.
- Collaborates on cross-functional business goals.
- Review when required Pull Requests coming from the dev team to make sure they comply with proper code standards and best practices.
- Help developers to discuss proper approach of addressing different tasks in a project.
- Help team members to proper deploy items to different environments and solve potential conflicts or blockers they might have.
- Be an active participant in client or team meetings as a SME in regards to the current project platform.
- Provide technical feasibility and task estimation breakdown on initiatives and projects.
- Basic Knowledge of persisting frameworks or ORMs.
- Knowledge of architecture patterns, client and technical documentation best practices.
- Web Services, WebAPI and RESTful Services, Postman, XML, JSON
- IIS, MSSQL Server.
- Version control and: GIT, TFS
- Strong communication skills to interact with Agile team members.
- Must have the ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Proactive and eager to learn.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.