Location: London, United Kingdom
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
About Wunderman Thompson Commerce:
Wunderman Thompson Commerce is a global Commerce consultancy that applies strategy, technical know-how and outstanding design to help its ambitious clients grow through Commerce solutions.
How? By creating inspirational commerce journeys. It’s why we work with some of the most exciting brands around such as Tempur, DFS, Domino's, Boots, Xerox Sainsbury’s, Selfridges, Specialized and Ted Baker.
Tell me more! We’re an inclusive group of more than 1500 expert thinkers and doers stationed across more than 20 global offices including our new, state-of-the-art offices in Watford, and two agency offices in Central London. Our reputation is based on having the best in the business – people who are inspired yet straight-talking, and who really want to understand not just our clients but their customers. We are passionate about innovation in everything we do, and proud of what our people achieve, empowering and respecting every one of them.
Together, we keep our clients and their customers inspired and ahead through digital, future-ready Commerce solutions and services. When our clients win – we win.
As our business grows internationally, we’re seeking new people who share our values and work ethic. We especially want to encourage more diversity in our teams, that is why we are making it a priority to create a more inclusive company for our people to thrive in and be proud of, to work with our clients to produce diverse work with the power to effect change, and to collaborate with our communities to mould a more equitable society.
Want to find out more about us? www.wundermanthompsoncommerce.com
- Wunderman Thompson Commerce is creating a new service offer – working title ‘Commerce as a Service’
- Commerce as a Service is a new business model, developed to help brands deliver world class ecommerce experiences without any of the challenges
- We will build and run the entire end to end commerce capabilities – everything from generating online demand, website build and design, through to logistics, returns and customer care
- Clients partner with us on a simple ‘share of success’ model – we take a % share of the revenue we successfully generate for clients
- This is a fully managed service – we provide everything needed to deliver and provide a single point of ownership for clients
- Unlike other services in the market, clients get to benefit from a truly collaborative partnership with ‘Commerce as a Service’, which delivers further value for their business
- We believe this service will be particularly relevant for those clients that don’t have in-house commerce capabilities, or where commerce is not the core strength of the business
What we're looking for:
We are looking for a Merchandising Manager to be the right-hand person of the Head of Trading.
What you’ll be doing:
- Management of product and stock including, demand planning & forecasting, product lifecycle management
- Merchandising of categories and product listings, identifying opportunities to increase sales including cross selling opportunities
- Ownership of site search to ensure site search is optimised, using customer insights and product understanding
- Collaborating to plan marketing campaigns and promotions
- Data analysis and insight, identifying trends and recommending actions to optimise sales
- Team leadership, recruitment and management
- Strong involvement in trading plans to drive and meet sales and ecommerce engagement targets
- Translate the brand product strategy into an executable trading plan (launch planning, rate of sale planning, lifecycle management)
- Able to identify opportunities to drive order value and sales through website trading
- Performance analysis, demand planning & forecasting sales unit, value and order volumes
- Supporting ordering / reordering critical path and intake phasing, supply chain and logistics planning
- Product and stock management, maximizing opportunities and minimizing risk
- Owning markdown proposals – deliver budgeted margin and quality of stock through carefully analysing proposals
- Competitor analysis, developing a deep understanding of how they drive success (pricing, promotional and channel activity)
Who you are:
- Excellent communicator, able to relate to clients and colleagues at all levels
- Able to priorities based on opportunities, agile in approach
- Collaborative understands the value of stakeholder management and influence
- Analytical, results-driven
- Ambitious, self-starter
- Multi-tasker, able to prioritize tasks across multiple sites
- Problem solver and team player, willing to roll up sleeves and get stuck in to whatever is needed to drive results within a start-up environment
- Comfortable with ambiguity and can see opportunity in creating the road ahead themselves
- Resilient and open to feedback, learning from mistakes and setbacks
- Growth mindset approach, always curious
What you'll need:
- Familiarity with ecommerce tooling: web analytics, PIM, CMS, Search/Merch
- Advanced Excel skills
- Team leadership, recruitment and management
- Experience in fashion, beauty, luxury sectors preferred. Experience of working on multiple brands concurrently would also be advantageous.
What you'll get from us:
No two days are the same, the scale and diversity of work keeps us energised and there is no shortage of new opportunity. In amongst this, we’re also always searching for ways to do things better, and how to grow our transformation and indeed, disruption, opportunities with clients.
The health and wellbeing of our employees is high on our agenda, so you’ll be able to join wellness activities such as weekly yoga and take advantage of our benefits including private health care, Employee Assistance Programme and cycle-to-work scheme.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.